Diplomacy bug...

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Blueberry

Diplomacy bug...

Post by Blueberry »

Been playing for ages and thought new it all about the game but...

Just started a brand new game with the latest beta (1.7.0.20) but I think this may be an older issue. Met several new races and initial relations are obviously quite tetchy in the negatives. All a player has to do to 'improve the relations' and raise the diplomacy stats with the other empires is the following:

Open the diplomacy/negotiations window with a certain empire... Initiate a negotiation... Propose 1000 credits for +1 (relations improving by 1) or 10,000 cr for + 2 increase in diplomacy stats with that certain AI. Ask nothing in return, send your proposal/gift.... Do it again.... Doesn't matter who it is you're negotiating with.... You'll get your stats up in less than several minutes right up to +70.... Certainly enough to start negotiation for racial techs... Right after they ask for a trade agreement or better...

Perhaps most of you guys new of this cheat/bug but I wasn't so sorry about that.[:D] I think that's definitely something to be dealt with by the devs team. Won't be using it obviously since it totally kills the fun and renders the gift element within the diplomacy absolutely useless. However, would be nice if the bug wasn't in the game at all.

The relations for natural opponents start coming down to normal levels once some game time passes but, obviously, very easy to bring it all back to +70s again exactly the very same way. Is it just my game?
Canute0

RE: Diplomacy bug...

Post by Canute0 »

Yes you are right, this is an old issue.
Since you know about this, you can stop to use that bug and just use the regular gift option.
The relations for natural opponents start coming down to normal levels once some game time passes but, obviously, very easy to bring it all back to +70s again exactly the very same way. Is it just my game?

Yes, the relationship arn't hard to raise unless you are doing "bad" things like
bombing planets
invade planets without war or neutral ones.
use pirates alliances or attacks.
Intelligence agents.

Unforeseen

RE: Diplomacy bug...

Post by Unforeseen »

Adding to the list of bad things:

Enslaving every alien race you come across.
Deciding that moons should not exist and unleashing your planet killer on every moon in the galaxy.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”