The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Philkian

The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything!

Post by Philkian »

Easter is finally here and we want to celebrate it with our special Egg Hunt! We are offering our loyal wargamers a great 10% discount off everything in our store.

All you have to do to enter the coupon code shown on our Easter Promo page . Enter this coupon code on the checkout page to get 10% off your order. Easy, isn’t it?

But there’s more…scattered around the website in news items and game pages you will find hidden Easter Eggs like this Image.

When you find an Easter Egg, move the mouse pointer over it and you’ll see the special coupon code. Enter this coupon code on the checkout page as above and you’ll get anything from 30%-50% off!. Each code can only be used 5 times so make sure you find it first!

All coupon codes are valid until the 3rd April. Only one coupon code can be redeemed at a time. Coupons cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or with gift cards. 10% coupons can be used multiple times, but 30% and 50% coupons are limited to 5 uses each.

What are you waiting for? It’s the perfect time for a wargamers scavenger hunt!
chemkid

RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything!

Post by chemkid »

nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

By the time I saw it and found several of them (1x50% and 3x30%) all had expired. No fun in that. [:(]

Guess I am not trying anything new... [&:]

Back to my WITP:AE turns...
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

By the time I saw it and found several of them (1x50% and 3x30%) all had expired. No fun in that. [:(]

Guess I am not trying anything new... [&:]

Back to my WITP:AE turns...

So how do you know that they have expired?
Tony
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Went to check out and put the codes in, one at a time, and each time there was a warning message that the code had expired.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Congratulations to those that found them. We obviously didn't hide them well enough! That's a lesson for next year.

Don't forget the 10% coupon is still valid for everyone on anything in the store. You wont do better than that till Christmas!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Congratulations to those that found them. We obviously didn't hide them well enough! That's a lesson for next year.

Don't forget the 10% coupon is still valid for everyone on anything in the store. You wont do better than that till Christmas!
Received email from Matrix at 0759, by 0825 all the codes were gone.

Was going to try two new games, oh, well. Will stick with what I have and be happy with WITP:AE!
wodin

Post by wodin »

I saw one earlier and didn't know what it was about..oh hum.
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Got a few games, thanks to the discount. Then wished I had gotten more and went over to Slitherine. Found a code on an odd page at 10 AM EST and it still worked, so I picked up a few more!
rickn

Post by rickn »

Received email from Matrix at 0759, by 0825 all the codes were gone.

I got my email at 9 am EST, popped $120 bucks of stuff into my cart, found an egg immediately -- no good. Found 4 more over the next hour -- no good.

I guess you needed to be up early (by East Coast standards), watching their webpage for the early announcement, and not be working. By the time the email got to me, it was all over. Bummer -- I was salivating over a 30% discount.

I wonder if they are going to keep advertising the eggs, considering they've been used. It'll really crank up the page hits; I know they got a boatload out of me.
RockKahn

Post by RockKahn »

I think it was great Matrix did this Easter egg hunt. Too bad more people didn't benefit from it. I tried a couple of codes for a few games I didn't really want that bad, so I wasn't that disappointed that the code didn't work. I just backed out of the purchase. I hate spending money on a game unless I really want it. There aren't any games currently available that I really want.

There are some on the horizon, though, like DW Shadows and the new version of Conquest of the Aegean, that I probably won't be able to resist. Hopefully, I can hold out until Christmas for those titles, but probably not.
I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

So all eggs found, no codes left?
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

I had only found the four. I have looked at every game on the website and the other tabs for other information, even the Press tab. Could have missed some, but got 1@50% and 3@30%.

For 10% off it isn't worth it for me to try something new. Sorry guys.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

This was our first time trying this and we clearly underestimated the response! The larger discount codes are all used up at this point, but the 10% code is good for all weekend long. Happy Easter!

If we do this again next year, we'll figure out a better way, so they can't all be found so quickly to give folks a better chance of finding eggs throughout the weekend.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
JWW

Post by JWW »

A better way is to make sure I get one. Keep that in mind for next year.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Thanks Erik!
budd

Post by budd »

damn just got off work and got the email......all gone already.....o well maybe next year.
Couldn't find any on Slitherine site either, they must be gone too.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
dougo33

Post by dougo33 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

This was our first time trying this and we clearly underestimated the response! The larger discount codes are all used up at this point, but the 10% code is good for all weekend long. Happy Easter!

If we do this again next year, we'll figure out a better way, so they can't all be found so quickly to give folks a better chance of finding eggs throughout the weekend.

Regards,

- Erik

I realize that you do not have to do these types of promotions, but I appreciate the effort on your part. I am also glad you saw the short comings of the process, since I also did not get to fins any of the eggs that were hidden. no worries though. My hope was to get one so I could purchase another of your great titles

After dropping 80 dollars on WiTE, I had to appease the wife with about twice that much [:)]

Good luck on the future on these promos....I see WiTP AE on my Christmas list......
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

If you want to have a sale,...have a sale. Don't do something that benefits a few and leaves most out in the cold.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”