Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Use of Personnel Card

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Use of Personnel Card Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Use of Personnel Card - 3/27/2013 1:53:41 AM   
Bismarck2761

How are folks playing this, when it is an OKH play: To raise the experience of Corps or Army commanders? It is unclear to me experience has a material affect on Army commanders - I suppose it could affect the value of their cards, but doesn't seem to affect how troops function (unless under direct army command).
Post #: 1
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/27/2013 8:02:43 PM   
LiquidSky

I am not sure, but I am trying an experiment. I have been aggressively playing Personnel from OKH and Manstein on a Corp HQ. So far he is up to 134% It does seem to raise the Morale bonus that an HQ gives to its divisions....

I am pretty sure it also raises a combat bonus as well.

< Message edited by LiquidSky -- 3/27/2013 8:03:02 PM >

I chose mules in preference to asses, because most of the asses available to us at that time had too few legs
- most of them had two legs rather then four.

General Hermann Balck

(in reply to Bismarck2761)
Post #: 2
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/28/2013 12:40:55 AM   
Bismarck2761

Thanks. I have no doubt it works that way when played on *Corps* HQs. It will raise morale and combat bonus. But what if played on *Army* HQs? What is the effect of improving experience of Army HQ on performance of units in a constituent Corps' command?

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/28/2013 2:08:59 AM   
LiquidSky

Well..if that army HQ happens to be Russian, then it would be the same

As for German army HQ's, the staff experience would only apply to combat units attached to that HQ. You can see the effect HQ's have on a unit by looking at the Unit Details tab.

I chose mules in preference to asses, because most of the asses available to us at that time had too few legs

General Hermann Balck

Post #: 4
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/28/2013 3:37:25 PM   
wallas

I have been playing personel also as the Russians against liquidsky, and with 3 months of losing battles if I had not my HQ would all have been like 20%

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 5
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/28/2013 9:04:42 PM   
LiquidSky

I have maxed out one my HQ's at 100% staff experience with Personal. Seems to give you a 145% combat mod, and a 70% morale boost. I haven't attacked with this corp for a while, so I will let you know what it seems to be capable of.

General Hermann Balck

(in reply to wallas)
Post #: 6
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/30/2013 8:52:16 PM   
Bismarck2761

Thanks all. Still curious is experience as any effect (other than units under direct command) for German Army HQs. It seems there's little reason to play Personnel on such HQs.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 7
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/31/2013 2:06:39 PM   
Hugolin

Thanks all, love the informations as well. The game is growing on me, but there's a lot of options and as such a lot of details to figure out.

From the rules, 13.2:
"By engaging in combat, a unit’s experience will grow, and the staff commanding these troops will earn experience as well. Keep in mind that having experienced staff in an HQ is even more important than having a good general in command. Keep in mind the higher the unit’s experience, the slower it will grow; in other words, greener troops gain experience quicker than veterans."

So from what I get, not only is earning XP (in battle) beneficial to the troops themselves, but also to the staff, since an experienced staff will give even more bonuses to troops. That'd be the use of the personnel card...

And I guess it's another reason to not send my HQs into battle... Yesterday I lost 5 staffs in one battle from attacking a big pocketed stack.

Q. Do you think more staff (re. 10 instead of 2) makes a HQ perform better? One would think so. How can we monitor this?

< Message edited by Hugolin -- 3/31/2013 2:10:09 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Use of Personnel Card - 3/31/2013 9:25:11 PM   
LiquidSky

More staff in a Corp HQ allows more troops to be controlled by that HQ. You can see it as a ratio S:T

Staff is not important to an Army/Front HQ. Unless you want to attach troops directly to him.

General Hermann Balck

(in reply to Hugolin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Use of Personnel Card Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI