Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What can I do better?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: What can I do better? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What can I do better? - 3/28/2013 11:45:48 PM   
Cribtop

Good to see Nemo again!

I'm not sure Fletchers are overpowered, JFB that I am. After reading Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors, the description of the high hit ratio of radar guided DD guns by the USN late war tells me that these things should be tough hombres. In fact, my main conclusion from reading this book was that the radar guided shells and speed advantages of the USN DDs and DEs were the key to survival of Taffy 3 (along with the bravery of the crews and some good leadership). My takeaway from that book was the USN DDs vs IJN CAs wasn't as unfair a fight as it would initially appear.

< Message edited by Cribtop -- 3/28/2013 11:48:42 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 61
RE: What can I do better? - 3/31/2013 11:43:50 PM   
Nemo121

quote:

Do you just mean that if you understand the way the game system works you can make planes dive on the group you want them to hit, thus making themselves vulnerable to the next planes you have coming in that will get a dive on them in turn?

Yes, precisely Obvert. There are no guaranteed outcomes of course but that's how it can work. I developed this during my game vs 1EyedJacks when I needed to find a way for Dutch fighters etc to kill A6M2s, Ki-44s etc. I ended up with quite a few Dutch aces who had gained most of their kills vs top-class Japanese fighters while flying obsolete crates. I outlined the development in that thread.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 62
RE: What can I do better? - 4/1/2013 12:31:17 AM   
Canoerebel

Great to see Nemo back! (and what symbolism - Easter Sunday!).  Welcome back, Nemo.  I hope it's the beginning of a long and enjoyable stay for you.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 63
RE: What can I do better? - 4/1/2013 12:35:44 AM   
Canoerebel

Well, in reading through this thread I see Nemo's been back at least four days.  But I didn't catch on until just now.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 64
RE: What can I do better? - 4/3/2013 2:32:46 PM   
bigred

edit

< Message edited by bigred -- 4/7/2013 2:59:39 PM >

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2597400

(in reply to FatR)
Post #: 65
RE: What can I do better? - 4/6/2013 7:50:46 AM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

quote:

Do you just mean that if you understand the way the game system works you can make planes dive on the group you want them to hit, thus making themselves vulnerable to the next planes you have coming in that will get a dive on them in turn?

Yes, precisely Obvert. There are no guaranteed outcomes of course but that's how it can work. I developed this during my game vs 1EyedJacks when I needed to find a way for Dutch fighters etc to kill A6M2s, Ki-44s etc. I ended up with quite a few Dutch aces who had gained most of their kills vs top-class Japanese fighters while flying obsolete crates. I outlined the development in that thread.

obvert, to expand on this a bit, the attack algorithm is partly related to group size and alt delta, as this influences
the chance to spot a group.

This is the way layered CAP works.

For the same reason, most people who claimed layered CAP does not work where usually those, who set up their fighters habitually at
the 10-15-20-25 alt bands, without paying attention to plane number distribution, plane attributes (mvr/speed,..), and incoming strike
size and altitude, believing what they did was setting up "layered CAP".

< Message edited by LoBaron -- 4/6/2013 7:51:15 AM >

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: What can I do better? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI