Moons (X Orbits)

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Unforeseen

Moons (X Orbits)

Post by Unforeseen »

Not sure if this is intentional, but on planets with multiple moons they tend to orbit in opposite or awkward directions. While this is possible, based on our own solar systems orbit behavior it is extremely unlikely for a planet with multiple moons to have 1 moving a different direction than the other. Let alone 2 on the same planet, as my planet has 4 moons, 2 move left, the other 2 move right.

There should be an option when creating moons to select their orbiting path, the same goes for planets as well.

Also, the planetary rings imply that you are looking at the solar system from the side, when you are in fact viewing it from above. This is misleading when placing Moons, as i had originally placed Io and Europa directly onto Jupiter and then noticed that Io suddenly orbited UP, and Europa orbited DOWN. I said aloud What the ___!!
Fishers of Men

RE: Moons (X Orbits)

Post by Fishers of Men »

Distant Worlds is designed to be two dimensional. So the galaxy map appears flat and solar systems are viewed with planets circling in an even pattern. In a zoom view of each planet, there seems to be a partial 3D attempt. This, of course, is not realistic but it serves the purposes of the game design. Most older computers like mine can run this game with little problems with memory issues.

I have never seen a situation quite like you describe. Very unique! At least the moons don't collide into one another.
Old............but very fast
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

My game save corrupts if i play for more than 2 hours straight with 19 other empires and high galactic development. Never quite understood it, even if i allocate most of my memory to the game and shut down all back round programs it still corrupts. That's with 16gigs of ram :\, resorted to playing with 12 empires, 10 minute saves in the first 2 hours and 5 minute saves after that if i am still playing. I only play on 1400/15x15 if that makes a difference.

I don't mind the whole 3d thing, it just looks dumb imo. Like moons are orbiting Up and over a planet instead of around it. There really should be an option in the game editor to select orbit direction. (Just one of thousands of things that "should" be in the game)
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Maybe try a memtest?

1400 15x15 is potentially cruel, though :)
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Lol dont ever play it on 0.5 colony range limit. Another broken feature, there is a colonizable world like..right next to my starting homeworld but it says it is out of range.

Return to “Tech Support”