Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For Those of Us Still Playing Against the AI...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> For Those of Us Still Playing Against the AI... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For Those of Us Still Playing Against the AI... - 3/26/2013 4:18:10 AM   
KG Erwin

...I'm finding that a challenge is added by playing with "Low Carnage" settings. I've been using these in my USMC vs Japanese battles, and I just started a long campaign (for the umpteenth time). With inf toughness set at 150%, the Japanese must be pounded by all the firepower the Marines have to suppress and destroy them. It well illustrates exactly why the USMC constantly upgraded their squads to employ ever-more automatic weaponry plus adding flamethrowers and explosives to their line infantry. It also illustrates why Japanese artillery was feared, when used en masse. It wasn't very accurate, but it causes damage when it hits.

Even in the banzai charges of 1942, the AI Japanese are very tough to beat. It takes a lot of patience to stick with it, which is exactly why I have such difficulty in trying to finish out the whole war. I fully understand why there was such a high turnover rate for USMC battalion and regimental commanders in the 1942-45 war.
Post #: 1
RE: For Those of Us Still Playing Against the AI... - 3/27/2013 12:53:18 AM   
JEB Davis

It always warms my heart when folks enjoy using LC settings.

Reduce unrealistic SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage" (v8.403 or Enhanced):
Settings: 90S,80H,100RR,XXXTQ,110TT,150IT,180AvS,130AvA,150SOF / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Visit the Enhanced forum at http://enhanced.freeforums.org

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: For Those of Us Still Playing Against the AI... - 3/28/2013 9:50:05 PM   
KG Erwin

Well, Jeb, there IS some bad news about using these settings for 1942. What I'm finding is that the 9-man USMC squads are at a definite disadvantage in facing those 15-18 man Japanese squads, even in the defense. I'm still trying to figure it out. The only thing I can come up with is to launch artillery barrages with 105s directly into the Japanese attacking lines, at dangerously close proximity to the Marine defenders. I suppose I could pull back the defense lines a couple of hexes first, after the Japanese are spotted.

In other words, the USMC strategy, whether in delay or defend missions, requires a rethink.

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 3
RE: For Those of Us Still Playing Against the AI... - 4/1/2013 9:17:32 PM   
mkr8683

Hey there Gunny, been a long time, my friend. I'm still playing every now and then, fired up the Screaming Eagles MC with the LC settings and enjoying it. It's rough going but makes for a better game. In fact I'm constantly winding up with draws because it takes a hell of a lot more firepower and maneuvering to dislodge the Germans with the LC settings. Only thing is the C/C issue, but hey, I'm loving it.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> For Those of Us Still Playing Against the AI... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI