campaigns freeze

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
cod commando

campaigns freeze

Post by cod commando »

Hello

Every campaign I have made will freeze after last battle of the turn. It happens when last battle of the first turn ends, when it should go to debriefing screen. There's not any error or anything, it just freezes. I do have applied all the paches and fixes.I have modified data like teams, soldiers, names, fpools and unitstructures. Other than that my game runs well. What seems to be the problem?

Thanks
SteveMcClaire

RE: campaigns freeze

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Please be sure you have installed the latest update to the game.  Information on how to download it can be found here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3288748

Thanks,

Steve
cod commando

Post by cod commando »

well like I said, I have allready installed it
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

You said you had modified game files. Please try it with the stock game (no modified files) and the latest update. 

If you're still seeing the error with no modified files at all, I would like to take a look at your saved game file. These are stored in your 'My Documents' folder under Close Combat Panthers in the Fog.  You can ZIP and attach it here, or send it to me in a PM.

Thanks,

Steve
Ozymandias2

Post by Ozymandias2 »

I get the same or a similar problem. I only play H2H. My friend and I generally play from Strategic move through all the resulting battles and save until our next H2H. AT LEAST 2 out of 3 times, when we start up again, we make our respective strategic moves, hit EXECUTE - and the game freezes, with Task Manager reporting the software as, "Not Responding."

This happens regardless of the order we press EXECUTE in. It also has happened 2-3 times in a row for the same Strategic Turn.

Any ideas?

-Oz
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Ozymandias2,

When this happens, does it eventually work with the exact same saved game file? If so it sounds like a network sync issue. You might try switching who is the host and see if that has any effect. Are you using the normal lobby connection? If one of you can open their router / firewall and allow a direct connection that might improve things as well.

Steve
Ozymandias2

Post by Ozymandias2 »

Exact same saved game file. Lobby connection. 2-3 false starts are common. We tried the direct connection and found no improvement (and we're both very savvy re:PCs.) We haven't tried switching hosts yet ... Our next scheduled game is in 2 weeks; we'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Oz
Ozymandias2

Post by Ozymandias2 »

Freezes keep happening ~2 out of 3 times when hitting, "Execute" for a Strategic Move. This happens no matter what confiuration of Host etc. we use.

-Oz
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the update. It sounds like there is something consistent about the connection between your two machines that is losing data and causing the host and client game to get out of sync during a data transfer.

Are either of you running any other programs that are communicating over the net (voice chat, file transfer, etc)? If so, try playing with these running.

If you have a security or anti-virus program, or other software that might be watching all network traffic, I would suggest disabling it temporarily, as a test, and see if that effects the game connection.

Do you have another computer available, or can either of you try playing a different opponent, just for testing purposes? This could help narrow it down if the problem is related to one of your machines or one of your internet connects / ISPs.

Thanks,

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”