Wow! Actually answering ?s about the game

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

jjknap

Wow! Actually answering ?s about the game

Post by jjknap »

It is so refreshing to see someone actually answering questions about the game...I almost never see that anymore.

BARIS is my favorite game of all time. I had it the day it came out on 3.5" disk and then the CD version. I even have the book that came out about the game. I loved the pictures and videos showing the progress of a mission. I am assuming you are using all computer generated pictures and videos, is that correct?

Will we see video of our launches and mission progress?

Where can I pre-order? I want t his game day 1. Will it be downloadable?

Thanks again for actually communicating with your fans and answering questions. [:D]
IainMcNeil

RE: Wow! Actually answering ?s about the game

Post by IainMcNeil »

The plan is to have a sequence but not quite a video for launch. The number of missions would mean many GB of movie footage would be required so we've got something between a video and static renders.

All our games are downloadable from Day 1 and can also be bought as a full boxed copy at the same time from our site. We haven't got pre-ordering ready yet. We're working a way to allow it.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
jjknap

Post by jjknap »

Thanks for the reply!

Will the renders be specific to each mission (for the most part)? That would be cool!
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello jjknap, if you liked BARIS back in the day I'm sure you'll love SPM [:)]

Yes, the renders will be specific for each mission. Our 3D artist is working very hard on this and we estimate that the three parts of the game combined will feature around 2,200 pictures!

Feel free to post more questions, we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as we can (but please forgive us if we take a couple of days to reply [;)]).

Cheers!
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
jjknap

Post by jjknap »

Nacho84, you are fantastic![&o]
Javakamp

Post by Javakamp »

I have to admit I didn't give BARIS much of a look back in the day. Something about it suggusted to me that it wasn't a serious strategy game. From reading what people have said here it looks like I was wrong, and I missed a game I may have enjoyed.

So I am eagerly awaiting SPM to correct that mistake. Thanks for bringing us this game.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”