What to expect in the winter of '42?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

chuckbbq

What to expect in the winter of '42?

Post by chuckbbq »

It's currently Oct 1942 in my first game against a human opponent and I'm playing as Axis and my question is this. What can the axis player expect during the blizzard of '42? Do they suffer the same penalties as '41? Do i need to winter armor divisions in Germany? Does the Soviet become an unstoppable juggernaut? I have a line of level 3 forts, mostly behind rivers, stretching at a 45 degree angle from a few hexes east of Leningrad down to Stalingrad. Is it ridiculous to assume I can hold this line?
Balou

RE: What to expect in the winter of '42?

Post by Balou »

1. AFAIK no Axis blizzard penalties in 42
2. you near Stalingrad by winter 42 in HvH ? Sounds comforting.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Disgruntled Veteran

RE: What to expect in the winter of '42?

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

ORIGINAL: chuckbbq

It's currently Oct 1942 in my first game against a human opponent and I'm playing as Axis and my question is this. What can the axis player expect during the blizzard of '42? Do they suffer the same penalties as '41? Do i need to winter armor divisions in Germany? Does the Soviet become an unstoppable juggernaut? I have a line of level 3 forts, mostly behind rivers, stretching at a 45 degree angle from a few hexes east of Leningrad down to Stalingrad. Is it ridiculous to assume I can hold this line?
The main thing is frozen rivers. Other than that, watch for more and more Soviet Corps coming of the line thus giving the Soviets significant attack power. You should do just fine this winter. Next winter will be a whole different animal.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”