Getting "the new patch" for Market Garden

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

redwolf

Getting "the new patch" for Market Garden

Post by redwolf »

Do I understand this correctly?

To get the up to date game code and play Market Garden I will have to buy the bulge game ($60) and then pay another $25 for the Arnheim expansion.

I understand that this then includes the original Arnheim game. But that doesn't make me quite happy because I already payed for that one 2 or 3 times (BFC edition, Matrix edition and I think I got two of the latter for multiple installs).

What is the newest code version I can run on HTTR? I don't mind paying but $85 with no printed manual for a game I already payed for is a bit steep.
Arjuna

RE: Getting "the new patch" for Market Garden

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: redwolf

Do I understand this correctly?

To get the up to date game code and play Market Garden I will have to buy the bulge game ($60) and then pay another $25 for the Arnheim expansion.
Yes that's right.

I don't mind paying but $85 with no printed manual for a game I already payed for is a bit steep.
Well you would not be paying for a game that you have already paid for. You paid for the HTTR game engine, not the BFTB engine which has so many more features than the old one, including:
- mixed mode movement,
- realistic resupply,
- order of battle displays,
- fire support tab,
- automated bridge building,
- estab data displays in game,
- pathing tools
- threat tools,
- timing controls,
- SOPs for bypass, ambush, stragglers, basing, retaking positions, avoiding friendlies, rest at night
- variable map patterns that change with the season
- order supply settings
- new force group structures
- new plan doctrine
- enhanced force allocation
- enhanced plan development and reassessment code
- enhanced reaction code
- enhanced route finding code
- enhanced sighting code
- enhanced basing code
- enhanced formation code

plus a whole lot more I can't remember at the moment. Basically there has been over twenty man years of further development poured into this engine.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

OK.

I didn't want to come over as negative as it might have. Pathing in particular sounds like a great addition.

You don't have any information on that Wine question, right?
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

We don't warrant that it will work under Wine but IIRC others have tried and reported it works.

Can anyone else confirm if BFTB works under Wine?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Alexandr.M

Post by Alexandr.M »

Can anyone else confirm if BFTB works under Wine?
Yes, Command Ops works well under WINE. Under Ubuntu 12.04 and Intel graphic I have bad performance while overlay text is appeared. After install drm driver performance was great in any game situation. Sound effects also working fine.
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll happily pay asking price if I don't have to dig out the windows machine for it.
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Sorry to warm up this thread but I learned that this doesn't actually include all of HTTR?

And HTTR is not for sale anymore.

Is this correct? Looks like I might have to find my physical box of HTTR :)
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Sorry to warm up this thread but I learned that this doesn't actually include all of HTTR?

And HTTR is not for sale anymore.

Is this correct? Looks like I might have to find my physical box of HTTR :)

Someone posted in another thread it was 10 scenario's,wait one will actually check the product page.

Here you go:
13 scenarios covering all of the major actions that took place during the Market Garden Campaign in Holland during September 1944.
Packed with corrections to Maps, Orders of Battle, Unit Compositions, Reinforcement Schedules, and overall game play to create the most accurate and addicting gameplay seen from Panther Games.
The same powerful Map and Scenario makers are still available in addition to the acclaimed Unit and Equipment editor allowing for the same unprecedented customization of gameplay.
A mega scenario which can serve as a continuous mini-campaign just by itself plus fight across some of the largest maps ever created for the Command Ops engine!
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich is an expansion for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge and requires the base game to play.

So you have 13 scenarios,the updates,establishment editor and all that goes with it.
I already have Bftb but have been holding off on getting the Highway to the Reich expansion until the next patch was released now I'll probably just get it once the Tax refund arrives.
budd

Post by budd »

This is also included according to this quote.
ORIGINAL: simovitch

There was no manual included with HTTR since it was a scenario expansion pack with no new features.

However, the "HTTR Strategy Guide" and the original HTTR game is available as a free download to owners of the BFTB/HTTR expansion pack.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Allright, I ordered it.

The last nitpick was that I wanted the physical package for the base game but not for the Arnheim extension (I only need one printed manual for the new engine), but that isn't offered and the price would shoot up by another $27 shipped.

The main reason why I was willing to pay "$85 for a HTTR patch" is that I want to encourage Panther to make more games, namely use this engine for early Eastern Front settings :)

Thanks everybody.
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Allright, I ordered it.

Welcome to the club Redwolf [:)]
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

However, the "HTTR Strategy Guide" and the original HTTR game is available as a free download to owners of the BFTB/HTTR expansion pack.

Hmmm, and how do I get it? :)
budd

Post by budd »

apparently in the member section, this was the post i could find.

ORIGINAL: Nikolaj

You guys should advertise the fact that the original AA:HTTR is available as a bonus download for registered owners of this expansion. I just noticed that by chance, when going to the members section to download the strategy guide.

Even though it's outdated by now, it's still a good selling point, in my opinion, and I'm glad to be able to try out the original. Thanks!
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Got it. Inside the member section the link seems to be this:
http://www.matrixgames.com/members/priv ... sp?gid=421

My confusion came from not being able to tell which download is the Arnheim scenario pack for the bftb code and which one is the httr game.

Return to “Command Ops Series”