Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed. Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/25/2013 3:21:22 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: HITMAN202

I'm going to be watching Disgruntled Vet/THEPROS AAR closely. It seems that Sillyflower is going to give a runnng seminar on what and why and how he (and Sean) handles the Soviets. It could be the best AAR yet. Guess whom I'm pulling for ????

I thought you only ever pulled Mrs H, or are you using an American idiom that I am pretending I don't understand? Your readers have a right to know

You will, of course, be hoping we win as there is no disgrace in losing where others have lost. To lose to those who were beaten by DV would really put you down the pecking order.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 391
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/25/2013 8:11:45 PM   
HITMAN202

I dont understand, "I thought you only pulled Mrs H." I figure Mrs H. is my boss, but the first part is greek to me. Please explain. Also you wrote " an American idiom i am pretending I don't understand"; is this the way english barristers ( lawyerspeak) feign ignorance ??

Now about "your reader" thing. Silly flower, you are the star of the show! I am just a Newbie, "down on the pecking order."  See you are abusing me again. And "my readers" understanding what I wrote ??? I have enough trouble getting my six children and the gaggle of women in my office for to understand, ie. do what I want. Why a gaggle? Geese and ducks honk incessently.

Finally, I want to poll the readers to see if this is cheesy (Dec '41.) None-the-less I will fight to the death.

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 6/25/2013 9:16:49 PM >

WITE is a good addiction with no cure.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 392
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/25/2013 10:16:15 PM   
Michael T

One man's cheese is anothers fillet steak

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 393
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/25/2013 11:06:45 PM   
smokindave34

I don't think its cheesy - I believe the Soviets used airdrops quite a bit during the first winter. Most of my Soviet opponents have used airdrops on me during the blizzard. Sorry Hitman - I'm still pulling for you!

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 394
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/26/2013 12:56:14 AM   
HITMAN202

Well, the poll will vote red meat MT. THEPROS are teaching me a lot.

I'm going to defend my 7 points that Pelton and Sillyflower unsuccessfully tried to shoot to pieces.

#1) No problema amigos.

#2) I didn't explain it well but it goes along with ...

#3) Both Pelton and Sillyflower did not specifically deal with the issue I raised ... Axis attrition. It's never discussed and I believe it's important. Attrition accounts for over 60 % of total German casualties and things that the Axis can do to minimize it I have never seen discussed. Rules 9.4-9.5 and 22.3 have never been specifically discussed. I raised the issue of ZOC attrition. It was ignored. Pelton talked about morale and Sillyflower Soviet losses.

#4) This is where I strongly disagree with Pelton. Sillyflower ignored what I said and restated the need for 3 milll Soviet casualties to lessen the impact of blizzard.
Pelton and I agree that you need to preserve several Corp of high morale infantry (basically the I and II Corp.) It's important. But morale for the other divisions is going to be ripped to shreads during the 3 months of blizzard. You don't ignore morale during the summer and fall of '41 , but the key is building it back up in '42. This has not been disscussed and is key a to high morale infantry in '42. That was my point. Pelton didn't address it. Also lessening the attrition during the blizzard and addressing specific strategies to achieve it has been largely ignored. That what issue #4 is all about.

#5) I have no blizzard experience, but does it really matter if the Soviets have only 2.3 mill losses, or 2.6, or 3.0 ???? The attacking units can have only so many troops. Now if fewer Soviet losses meant more units, that would matter. But with THEPROS 6.0 mill army, would 700,000 fewer make the blizzard less of a German ordeal ??? I'm ignorant of this phase of WITE, but I think not.

#6) There's no conflict here, but Sillyflower, if I could do zippo at the end of summer against your fort network how could a three turn winter O accomplish more ??? In regards to "disrupting the blizzard O" preparation is the key (which I did), not banging your head against a line of level 3 forts. Argue that my friend. :)

#7) I'm determined to play (and learn). Massive heart attacks in THRPROS would swing things in my favor. This is unlikely. I might be in error not to surrender, but admit it Sillyflower, you would be disappointed. By the way, I do have a gardener.

Let MT or Flaviusx adjudicate these issues.

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 6/26/2013 1:08:51 AM >

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 395
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/26/2013 1:38:51 AM   
Michael T

Honestly Hitman I would not worry about your attrition losses in summer 1941. The Reds will lose more than you in 1941 to attrition. If you are offensively minded in 41/42 then having the Reds lose men to attrition (even at a cost to you) is good. You should only concern yourself with putting your troops in position to attack or gain as much ground as soon as possible. Besides the Axis disabled pool comes back twice as fast as the Reds and that's where most attritional loses end up. I have done tests on attrition and you are right in that German ID's lose around 50-100 guys on average. But high quality units lose much less. Conversely low quality Red units lose men in the many 100's each turn to attrition. I want to park next to them. The more Reds going to the disabled pool the better. Even in the blizzard I want to see Reds leaving the map due to attrition. The lower the Soviet OOB is in 42 the better. This is why you must fight through the winter where you can. What's better, a 3.0 m German OOB v a 5.5 m Soviet OOB in 1942 or 3.5 v 7.0+ ? If I am attacking I want the former if I can manage it. You want that Red line as thin as possible in 1942. Whether you as German have 3 or 3.5 doesn't make much difference as long as you still have a sword to thrust and slash with.

Sadly your situation is probably beyond help. But Soviet super high morale has hurt you in the summer. Next time around unless a fix comes along you need to negotiate some morale adjustments in the setup. Otherwise just play Russian :)

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 396
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/26/2013 2:51:53 AM   
HITMAN202

Thanks MT. Experience means everything.

At least I went down for the count fighting. But this is an important principle (I teach NP's and medical students often)l, ...It's better to make a wrong decision with good reasoning, than a good decision with bad reasoning. You can learn from the first. You can't the later. In fact in the case of the later, the worst medical practitioner is produced... one who doesn't know what he doesn't know. They are dangerous. It's obvious I don't know a lot, but I'm not a fool to think I do.

MT directly addressed my misunderstandings. Pelton and Sillyflower were correct' but didn't address my thoughts. Yet they have been helpful teachers in their own way. Pelton holds your hand gently, Sillyflower is less kind, but does it with great elan. I do prefer the later :).

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 397
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/26/2013 10:27:16 AM   
Pelton

If that's all SHC has they are in trouble keep with drawing.

Just route them with your panzers then go back into the city.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 6/26/2013 10:29:18 AM >

GHC WitE 24 - 4 - 8
GHC WitW 0 - 0 - 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 398
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/26/2013 5:32:13 PM   
Belphegor

Your poll is asking a biased question; shame on you.

your image should show that I used 2 airborne brigades, not just the one showing. The other airborne brigade will show that I ensured a supply line to my troops.

Your image only shows the surviving unit (the other being displaced as a result of being depleted during the drop and running to get out of the way of a stampeding German division running from something after losing a fight....

I'm happy to hear what the forum has to say on the matter, but only if I'm represented fairly.

< Message edited by Belphegor -- 6/26/2013 5:33:47 PM >

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 399
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/26/2013 5:44:22 PM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

I don't think its cheesy - I believe the Soviets used airdrops quite a bit during the first winter. Most of my Soviet opponents have used airdrops on me during the blizzard. Sorry Hitman - I'm still pulling for you!

Agreed. This is exactly what the Soviets were doing with paradrops at this time. They came very close to wrecking AGC with the help of those drops.

The blizzard has a lot of problems, however. The problem here isn't paradrops, per se, but rather the way the game depicts the blizzard generally, along with the entire logistical model.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 400
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/27/2013 5:20:12 PM   
HITMAN202

Will finish turn 27 this afternoon. Sean, my question about cheese was in itself pretty cheesey, but remember our understanding about thrash talk.

When I saw your turn I was shocked, to say the least. And thus my question was raised (granted, in a cheesey way, I do this (subconsciously) to "influence" people to agree with me when I feel vulnerable ... this is how best I can explain it) because I remembered players often had "house rules" about air troops because they could be used in gamey ways. I thought you were doing the same because I was naieve not to have made extensive house rules.

Well not only was I wrong in it being cheesey, but it is actually superior play. Flaviusx pretty much ended any discussion.

My style is to say what I think (with some reason) and don't mind being shot out the sky if I'm wrong. Look how got "corrected" in my last post about best German strategy. I learned. Sean, you have taught me a key tactic for blizzard.

But the worst of all I was listening to the Bangles last night, (Sillyflower, they were well liked by the English public) and the song "Crash and Burn" was the last one I listened to.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 401
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/27/2013 5:39:44 PM   
Scook_99

With posts like the one just above, you have two choices:

1) Suck it up like Terje439 and have THEPROS beat on you.

2) Resign now, as they may not want to beat on you.

You have mentally been defeated already. My God, man, the Bangles?

< Message edited by Scook_99 -- 6/27/2013 5:42:29 PM >

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 402
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/27/2013 6:29:38 PM   
HITMAN202

Scook_99, you don't me well, yet, and are wrong on your other points.

1) I don't "suck it up" well. I'm a good loser (but don't like to lose, but face it one will win and one will lose (with draws often times both feel like losers), but a better fighter. THEPROS will have to earn their victory. Also, like I earlier said, massive heart attacks do occur.

2) Belphegor might have some empathy as the Russian hoards advance (SmokinDave has warned me), but Sillyflower would treat me as Screwtape did to Wormwood in the latter's demise (which wasn't nice.) Sillyflower, some English gents were awfully good with the pen.

3) Mentally defeated already ??? Seriously (first) I win by learning about WITE with each move (like Belphegor's cheesey use of the Paratroppers :) :) :) ) by playing against some very, very good Soviets. However I have emotionally resigned (a euphemism for being mentally defeated) myself to suffering in a world with a wonderful, but alpha female wife, five ODD daughters ( one a 5'5" West point graduate who I can only spend 5 minutes around with her bossy persona) , and a gaggle of 15 female employees who always (stress always) feel like they are under paid.

Now about the Bangles. Scook_99, I dare you to closely listen to them for 30 minutes (1984 album "All Over the Place" is truly unique). After that watch a U-Tube recording of their 1986 concert in Pittsburg (55 minutes). They are talented instrumentalist and singers (a rarity) have harmonious pop songs very similar to (now I'm being serious Sillyflower) the early Beatles (I'm serious) and, (not to downplay) all very stunning women. Sussana Hoffs may be one of the most beautiful female singers of all-time.

(in reply to Scook_99)
Post #: 403
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/27/2013 8:40:39 PM   
HITMAN202

ANNOUNCEMENT >>> ANNOUNCEMENT >>> ANNOUNCEMENT

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 404
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/28/2013 11:18:52 AM   
sillyflower

quote:

Well, the poll will vote red meat MT. THEPROS are teaching me a lot.

I'm going to defend my 7 points that Pelton and Sillyflower unsuccessfully tried to shoot to pieces.

#1) No problema amigos.

#2) I didn't explain it well but it goes along with ...

#3) Both Pelton and Sillyflower did not specifically deal with the issue I raised ... Axis attrition. It's never discussed and I believe it's important. Attrition accounts for over 60 % of total German casualties and things that the Axis can do to minimize it I have never seen discussed. Rules 9.4-9.5 and 22.3 have never been specifically discussed. I raised the issue of ZOC attrition. It was ignored. Pelton talked about morale and Sillyflower Soviet losses.

#4) This is where I strongly disagree with Pelton. Sillyflower ignored what I said and restated the need for 3 milll Soviet casualties to lessen the impact of blizzard.
Pelton and I agree that you need to preserve several Corp of high morale infantry (basically the I and II Corp.) It's important. But morale for the other divisions is going to be ripped to shreads during the 3 months of blizzard. You don't ignore morale during the summer and fall of '41 , but the key is building it back up in '42. This has not been disscussed and is key a to high morale infantry in '42. That was my point. Pelton didn't address it. Also lessening the attrition during the blizzard and addressing specific strategies to achieve it has been largely ignored. That what issue #4 is all about.

#5) I have no blizzard experience, but does it really matter if the Soviets have only 2.3 mill losses, or 2.6, or 3.0 ???? The attacking units can have only so many troops. Now if fewer Soviet losses meant more units, that would matter. But with THEPROS 6.0 mill army, would 700,000 fewer make the blizzard less of a German ordeal ??? I'm ignorant of this phase of WITE, but I think not.

#6) There's no conflict here, but Sillyflower, if I could do zippo at the end of summer against your fort network how could a three turn winter O accomplish more ??? In regards to "disrupting the blizzard O" preparation is the key (which I did), not banging your head against a line of level 3 forts. Argue that my friend. :)

#7) I'm determined to play (and learn). Massive heart attacks in THRPROS would swing things in my favor. This is unlikely. I might be in error not to surrender, but admit it Sillyflower, you would be disappointed. By the way, I do have a gardener.

Let MT or Flaviusx adjudicate these issues.

3 Attrition is not a major issue - I agree with MT on this.

4 A few high quality units won't help much in '42 vs 8M Russians by the summer. Attacking German units get ground down much more quickly than in '41 especially the panzers which have 120K AT rifles to contend with.

5 What an army of 6.25M does is to give us the ability to attack everywhere. The units you don't kill in the summer have much better CVs than most of the subsequent arrivals.

6 I said disrupt the blizzard O. I did not say bash your head against Moscow's defences. Professionals study logistics.

7 You can't surrender as we are not making your life as tough as much as the Monstrous Regiment does. BTW, you didn't think that Cincinnatus did his own ploughing did you?

On the subject of paras, we always use in the historical way and not, for example on major cities far behind the lines as 1 German did to me once. Nothing inappropriate about your raising the issue though.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 405
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/28/2013 12:04:22 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

Scook_99, you don't me well, yet, and are wrong on your other points.

1) I don't "suck it up" well. I'm a good loser (but don't like to lose, but face it one will win and one will lose (with draws often times both feel like losers), but a better fighter. THEPROS will have to earn their victory. Also, like I earlier said, massive heart attacks do occur.

2) Belphegor might have some empathy as the Russian hoards advance (SmokinDave has warned me), but Sillyflower would treat me as Screwtape did to Wormwood in the latter's demise (which wasn't nice.) Sillyflower, some English gents were awfully good with the pen.

3) Mentally defeated already ??? Seriously (first) I win by learning about WITE with each move (like Belphegor's cheesey use of the Paratroppers :) :) :) ) by playing against some very, very good Soviets. However I have emotionally resigned (a euphemism for being mentally defeated) myself to suffering in a world with a wonderful, but alpha female wife, five ODD daughters ( one a 5'5" West point graduate who I can only spend 5 minutes around with her bossy persona) , and a gaggle of 15 female employees who always (stress always) feel like they are under paid.

Now about the Bangles. Scook_99, I dare you to closely listen to them for 30 minutes (1984 album "All Over the Place" is truly unique). After that watch a U-Tube recording of their 1986 concert in Pittsburg (55 minutes). They are talented instrumentalist and singers (a rarity) have harmonious pop songs very similar to (now I'm being serious Sillyflower) the early Beatles (I'm serious) and, (not to downplay) all very stunning women. Sussana Hoffs may be one of the most beautiful female singers of all-time.

1 I don't know about Sean, but there's no history of heart disease on either side of my family. Quite a bit of cancer so at just under 1 turn pw that's your better bet even though I have never smoked (anything).

2 CS Lewis was too religious for me, so I never read the Screwtape Letters. You are more Baldrick to my Blackadder.

3 I always thought America was a bit of a matriarchy. I was brought up in an almost all-female household with 3 sisters ( youngest being 12 years older than me), a nanny, a cook and 2 cleaning ladies. I learnt to fight rather than to surrender. Survival was probably due to learning quickly from my father how to block out voices over a certain pitch. Probably not one for you to try at home though........

You are a bit old for the Bangles. I was and I'm younger than you. Prefer the Shangri Las myself. Still, as you seem to be using the name of your favourite album as your leitmotif for this game, it is not for me to discourage you .

web exchange

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 406
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/29/2013 10:20:37 AM   
sillyflower

quote:

When I saw your turn I was shocked, to say the least. And thus my question was raised (granted, in a cheesey way, I do this (subconsciously) to "influence" people to agree with me when I feel vulnerable ... this is how best I can explain it) because I remembered players often had "house rules" about air troops because they could be used in gamey ways. I thought you were doing the same because I was naieve not to have made extensive house rules.

Well not only was I wrong in it being cheesey, but it is actually superior play. Flaviusx pretty much ended any discussion.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 6/29/2013 10:22:30 AM >

web exchange

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 407
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 2:02:08 AM   
HITMAN202

TURN ... 26 ... TURN ... 26 ... TURN ... 26 ... TURN

Rictus smile ??? Where did Sillyflower fish up that word from ??? But again, my English friend's observation lacks discernment. The issue is why am I smiling so ???

[image][/image]

Average German infantry morale 78.2 Down 0.9 from previous turn.

Pz, Mot still at 88ish.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 6/30/2013 2:06:36 AM >

Post #: 408
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 2:14:13 AM   
HITMAN202

My front shots with withdrawl look a lot like terje's. I'm just further east.

[image][/image]

But guys, Sillyflower, Pelton, what's going on with this new map colors ??? They look like the color blends my preschool patients choose.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 6/30/2013 2:18:58 AM >

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 409
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 2:23:26 AM   
HITMAN202

[image][/image]

But you may ask, "Where's AGN ???" Let me show you OPERATION VULKOV

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 6/30/2013 2:26:11 AM >

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 410
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 2:28:31 AM   
HITMAN202

I've not seen fireworks like this in any blizzard AAR. I looked long and hard at this.

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 6/30/2013 2:43:33 AM >

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 411
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 2:33:22 AM   
HITMAN202

This is the best screen shot of OPERATION VOLKOV that shows the only ( but big) held

[image][/image]

I'm doing some testing of assigning 3 German Corp to Finish command to see 1) the impact of Finnish HQ support, and 2) the benefit of Finish offensive Reserve Activation in supporting German attacks south of the Finnish no move zone !!!! Watch... Flavius-Pelton- MT.... thumbs up or thumbs down ????

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 6/30/2013 2:41:17 AM >

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 412
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 12:06:25 PM   
Pelton

erje439 had another 1941 disaster, but is in a position to get a draw.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3294378

Clearly a pull back during blizzard will keep morale gained during 1941 and denying SHC morale gains. This means a much stronger then normal GHC Army come 1942.

I believe if you follow the standard Pelton blizzard strategy after a normal 1941 summer offensive which you have had and are able to conserve infantry morale during blizzard and deny SHC gains the game result should be a draw.

If terje439's game was a SD he have surrendered alrdy, but in your case your in the drivers seat if your able to get through the blizzard with out letting SHC have large gains in morale.

GHC WitE 24 - 4 - 8
GHC WitW 0 - 0 - 0

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 413
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 12:10:08 PM   
Pelton

quote:

This is the best screen shot of OPERATION VOLKOV that shows the only ( but big) held

[image][/image]

I'm doing some testing of assigning 3 German Corp to Finish command to see 1) the impact of Finnish HQ support, and 2) the benefit of Finish offensive Reserve Activation in supporting German attacks south of the Finnish no move zone !!!! Watch... Flavius-Pelton- MT.... thumbs up or thumbs down ????

Very stupid move, NEVER NEVER NEVER attack with Fins. This will greatly weaken them come 43+ as they get next to nothing for replasements.

Simply hold the lines, you need to be thinking Draw at this point. Sure attack in 42 to forse some AP damage and manpower damage,but conserve your own manpower and morale.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 6/30/2013 12:12:42 PM >

GHC WitE 24 - 4 - 8
GHC WitW 0 - 0 - 0

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 414
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 4:05:56 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

TURN ... 26 ... TURN ... 26 ... TURN ... 26 ... TURN

Rictus smile ??? Where did Sillyflower fish up that word from ??? But again, my English friend's observation lacks discernment. The issue is why am I smiling so ???

I got the word 'rictus' from my knowledge of latin. As to what you are smiling at, it is clear in the whole picture: which obviously had to be censored for our more squeamish readers. It was just possible to see what you were looking at from the reflection in your glasses. I got Abby from NCIS to enhance the picture and Flavius' post can just be made out.

The 1% morale loss is what is expected. For some reason you do not get the blizzard attrition losses at the start of the 1st blizzard turn.

PS @DR H: I have sent the turn back to you so let us know if it did not arrive.

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 6/30/2013 4:14:35 PM >

web exchange

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 415
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 4:13:11 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

More dairy produce. Actually, you are welcome to do this as far a I'm concerned. If Finnish reserves activate over the no attack line, that's a bug.

On the other hand, those Finnish corps commanders may just refuse to let them attack south of the line

web exchange

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 416
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 4:34:06 PM   
sillyflower

For those interested in the game rather than the trash talk here are all the combats.

Attachment (1)

web exchange

Post #: 417
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 5:18:06 PM   
OddBall2

quote:

[image][/image]

quote:

Hitman. The VI Finish Corp Shows -23% in the battle screen. Does that mean that it takes 23% of the attack value away?

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 418
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 5:48:44 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: OddBall2

Hitman. The VI Finish Corp Shows -23% in the battle screen. Does that mean that it takes 23% of the attack value away?

Yes

web exchange

(in reply to OddBall2)
Post #: 419
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Si... - 6/30/2013 6:43:18 PM   
Disgruntled Veteran

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: OddBall2

Yes

I've been told from another thread that this only affects that particular unit and not the entire attacking force. However, the manual isn't very clear on the matter. I'd assume the penalty is only for the units listed under the % mark.

Edit: This is a great way to spend AP points btw. Getting units under a similar command. Especially when they are under a different army.

< Message edited by Disgruntled Veteran -- 6/30/2013 6:44:21 PM >

Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed. Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI