starcraft

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

bairdlander2

starcraft

Post by bairdlander2 »

Whenever I mention to friends or co workers that I play wargames and show them some screenshots,they always say they are wargamers as well and play StarCraft[&:],anyone else have this happen?
SLAAKMAN

RE: starcraft

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Yes. I play Starcraft Broodwars Armageddon almost everyday & it keeps getting funnier as every year goes by! [:D][:'(]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Would you consider StarCraft to be a wargame as much as any matrix title?
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Yes, very much so but I only consider about a dozen or so scenarios to be comprehensive enough to be considered real "wargames". There are hundreds (if not thousands) of SC scenarios but these require logistical, diplomatic, strategic & tactical knowledge and experience to win. They arent the beginner 3 vs 3 player melee or arena style battles. The Armageddon battles (3 variants) or the Ambush scenario (2 variants) can last for 6+ hours or more depending upon the skill of the opponents & on more than one occasion my opponents will actually deplete their million point resource pool before throwing in the towel. Many of those have been downright epic & victory pulled out of the jaws of defeat at the last moment! [:D]

PS- Also Im only applying this description to Starcraft broodwars, not Starcraft II. Pro Broodwars players dont consider SCII to worth a pile of dog-dung & we wont ever bother with it since we are thoroughly disgusted with Blizzard for abandoning Broowars in place of this loathsome, amateurish excuse for real starcraft.
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Zap

Post by Zap »

I'm sorry if I get off topic here. But Slaakman you amazed me(in a good way) with a coherent and helpful post. I was surprised that you can actually come off as normal.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Youre welcome Mr Zap. However I must caution you. "Normal" is for the illusionary trap known as the so-called, "real world". I prefer the perpetual comedy of the Net "world" where bosoms bounce freely in great perpetuity & I can get away with the wholesale destruction of empires with barely a snivel. [:D]
— Winston Churchill
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I don't really care for to many RTS but I do like SC1 and 2.  Also Red Alert one,two and three.  RA2,3 are a blast.  I do consider them wargames as well.  Nothing like having a city fight in RA2 and 3.[:D]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I liked the original StarCraft and its expansion better than StarCraft II. In addition, the necessity of being online to access the full features of StarCraft II turned me off. Then matters got worse with Diablo III. [:@]
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
martok

Post by martok »

I've always enjoyed Red Alert and Red Alert 2 (I still play the latter when I want to unwind), but I would never consider them wargames.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Return to “General Discussion”