Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 2 Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 Questions - 3/20/2013 8:56:19 AM   
loki100

Sorry if these are daft/obvious but have encountered 2 things I don't properly understand:

a) HQ build up. Beem playing the Soviets in the various 'Road to' scenarios so not really taken any interest in this option. But have just finished Typhoon and thought the extra MPs it would yield might have been what I needed
to clear the German ZOCs and puncture the front. Put one army into that state, and for that turn all the MPs went to 0, next turn as far as I could see their MPs were much the same as the formations of other armies on the same sector.

The HQ was on rail and the units clustered around it.

b) Read somewhere about airbase capacity. Now so far I've just been stacking up to the notional limit (9) but that implied that aircraft type takes up different space (seems right, the IL-4s should be more demanding than single engine fighters), the only indicator on the counter or on the full pop up I can see is the one that indicates aircraft available/notional number in the airgroups.

Where do I look to see the relationship between what I have at the base and the effective capacity?

ta
Post #: 1
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 9:16:44 AM   
SigUp

What HQ-Buildup does is, it accumulates supplies in the HQ so that next turn all units under this HQ are well supplied. If your units are already well supplied, there is no benefit in doing so. Basically in 1941 only the Germans have a reason to do this, as they are leaving their railheads, hampering their supplies. As the Soviet defenders, no reason to do this, as you are attacking out of your intact railroads.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 9:24:27 AM   
cpt flam

a) the turn you make a HQBU all is units go to 0 as you see so better to act with them and come back in supply range
for me really good for armor as they will have full movement (if leader make is roll)
b) you must look 1 to support need/available if it is greater you will have aircrafts in reserve and more damage as they will not all recover, 2 same about fuel and ammo otherwise you can see "mission aborted no ... available"
hope this can help you

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 7:58:48 PM   
Mehring

Airbases have an (av#) after Support/Need. Any idea what this indicates?

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 4
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 9:23:31 PM   
morvael

Support squad needed by planes only.

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 5
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 9:27:17 PM   
Mehring

Thanks

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 6
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 9:31:03 PM   
morvael

It is something I learned only recently. The problem I see is that it seems to me that Air HQ is not helping it's assigned airbases much. On average some 20 support squads are sent per each airbase which with 7-8 airbases per HQ means only 140-160 support squads out of 500 are sent to help. Anyone knows why?

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 7
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 9:42:39 PM   
gingerbread

No help from HQ to clear planes, only to support AB AA - WAD acc. to Pavel.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 8
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 9:59:44 PM   
morvael

One learns something new every day with this game. If that is so, how do you cope with 32-40 plane air groups on the Soviet side? One would need more airbases to have space for all those groups, but on the other hand 6 air groups per base is still over the support limit (320 out of 264).

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 9
RE: 2 Questions - 3/20/2013 10:06:53 PM   
Mehring

It might simulate in a roundabout way, the Russian shortage of aviation fuel. Russia possibly gets to fly more than they did historically anyway.

¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 10
RE: 2 Questions - 3/21/2013 7:45:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpt flam

a) the turn you make a HQBU all is units go to 0 as you see so better to act with them and come back in supply range
for me really good for armor as they will have full movement (if leader make is roll)
b) you must look 1 to support need/available if it is greater you will have aircrafts in reserve and more damage as they will not all recover, 2 same about fuel and ammo otherwise you can see "mission aborted no ... available"
hope this can help you
warspite1

NICE avatar cpt flam!!

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 11
RE: 2 Questions - 3/22/2013 8:33:21 AM   
cpt flam

I must thank Patrice for it !

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 2 Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI