WITPTracker problems

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

diamond dave

WITPTracker problems

Post by diamond dave »

I just installed WITPTracker 1.9.2 on my laptop (Windows 7 32bit), followed all instructions for modifying the properties file, and whenever I try to start it, I keep getting a "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working" error, with no other messages as to what's going on or how to fix it from Windows. I have the latest version version of Java installed (version 7 update 17), as well as the C++ library update. Googling the problem has produced no helpful results. I then went to my desktop computer which runs XP and installed everything there (including the save directory from my laptop), and there I keep getting a "ERROR: Problem with save game file" message, even though I made sure all the directories were correct in the properties file.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have played WITP on both machines and swap the save files back and forth, but I prefer to play on my laptop because it's much faster. But I would like Tracker to run on at least one machine.
n01487477

RE: WITPTracker problems

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: diamond dave

I just installed WITPTracker 1.9.2 on my laptop (Windows 7 32bit), followed all instructions for modifying the properties file, and whenever I try to start it, I keep getting a "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working" error, with no other messages as to what's going on or how to fix it from Windows. I have the latest version version of Java installed (version 7 update 17), as well as the C++ library update. Googling the problem has produced no helpful results. I then went to my desktop computer which runs XP and installed everything there (including the save directory from my laptop), and there I keep getting a "ERROR: Problem with save game file" message, even though I made sure all the directories were correct in the properties file.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have played WITP on both machines and swap the save files back and forth, but I prefer to play on my laptop because it's much faster. But I would like Tracker to run on at least one machine.
Hi DD,
this is not really the area for Tracker problems...we're not part of the Matrix ;-)
Try here in future:
tm.asp?m=2236936

But just so you don't have to post there:
The problem is you are using Java7 on an application(tracker) which uses Java6. You can pick it up here ...
http://java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

You can have both Java7 and Java6 installed on your machine but the witptracker.bat must point to the right java version

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx640m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
 pause 
This is for Win7 machines, on XP the path will be different ..

The last problem, I won't comment on until you have shown me the file ...

Final point - IF you are using the beta, you must copy the pwsdll.dll from the beta2 game folder into the tracker folder

Otherwise, I can control your machine through Teamviewer8, if you PM me your teamviewer Id and password.

Return to “Tech Support”