Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITPTracker problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITPTracker problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITPTracker problems - 3/20/2013 3:23:29 AM   
diamond dave

I just installed WITPTracker 1.9.2 on my laptop (Windows 7 32bit), followed all instructions for modifying the properties file, and whenever I try to start it, I keep getting a "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working" error, with no other messages as to what's going on or how to fix it from Windows. I have the latest version version of Java installed (version 7 update 17), as well as the C++ library update. Googling the problem has produced no helpful results. I then went to my desktop computer which runs XP and installed everything there (including the save directory from my laptop), and there I keep getting a "ERROR: Problem with save game file" message, even though I made sure all the directories were correct in the properties file.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have played WITP on both machines and swap the save files back and forth, but I prefer to play on my laptop because it's much faster. But I would like Tracker to run on at least one machine.
Post #: 1
RE: WITPTracker problems - 3/20/2013 3:39:51 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: diamond dave

I just installed WITPTracker 1.9.2 on my laptop (Windows 7 32bit), followed all instructions for modifying the properties file, and whenever I try to start it, I keep getting a "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working" error, with no other messages as to what's going on or how to fix it from Windows. I have the latest version version of Java installed (version 7 update 17), as well as the C++ library update. Googling the problem has produced no helpful results. I then went to my desktop computer which runs XP and installed everything there (including the save directory from my laptop), and there I keep getting a "ERROR: Problem with save game file" message, even though I made sure all the directories were correct in the properties file.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have played WITP on both machines and swap the save files back and forth, but I prefer to play on my laptop because it's much faster. But I would like Tracker to run on at least one machine.

Hi DD,
this is not really the area for Tracker problems...we're not part of the Matrix ;-)
Try here in future:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2236936

But just so you don't have to post there:
The problem is you are using Java7 on an application(tracker) which uses Java6. You can pick it up here ...
http://java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

You can have both Java7 and Java6 installed on your machine but the witptracker.bat must point to the right java version
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx640m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause 

This is for Win7 machines, on XP the path will be different ..

The last problem, I won't comment on until you have shown me the file ...

Final point - IF you are using the beta, you must copy the pwsdll.dll from the beta2 game folder into the tracker folder

Otherwise, I can control your machine through Teamviewer8, if you PM me your teamviewer Id and password.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/20/2013 4:06:02 AM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to diamond dave)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITPTracker problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI