Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITPTracker problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITPTracker problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITPTracker problems - 3/20/2013 3:23:29 AM   
diamond dave

I just installed WITPTracker 1.9.2 on my laptop (Windows 7 32bit), followed all instructions for modifying the properties file, and whenever I try to start it, I keep getting a "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working" error, with no other messages as to what's going on or how to fix it from Windows. I have the latest version version of Java installed (version 7 update 17), as well as the C++ library update. Googling the problem has produced no helpful results. I then went to my desktop computer which runs XP and installed everything there (including the save directory from my laptop), and there I keep getting a "ERROR: Problem with save game file" message, even though I made sure all the directories were correct in the properties file.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have played WITP on both machines and swap the save files back and forth, but I prefer to play on my laptop because it's much faster. But I would like Tracker to run on at least one machine.
Post #: 1
RE: WITPTracker problems - 3/20/2013 3:39:51 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: diamond dave

I just installed WITPTracker 1.9.2 on my laptop (Windows 7 32bit), followed all instructions for modifying the properties file, and whenever I try to start it, I keep getting a "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working" error, with no other messages as to what's going on or how to fix it from Windows. I have the latest version version of Java installed (version 7 update 17), as well as the C++ library update. Googling the problem has produced no helpful results. I then went to my desktop computer which runs XP and installed everything there (including the save directory from my laptop), and there I keep getting a "ERROR: Problem with save game file" message, even though I made sure all the directories were correct in the properties file.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have played WITP on both machines and swap the save files back and forth, but I prefer to play on my laptop because it's much faster. But I would like Tracker to run on at least one machine.

Hi DD,
this is not really the area for Tracker problems...we're not part of the Matrix ;-)
Try here in future:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2236936

But just so you don't have to post there:
The problem is you are using Java7 on an application(tracker) which uses Java6. You can pick it up here ...
http://java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

You can have both Java7 and Java6 installed on your machine but the witptracker.bat must point to the right java version
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx640m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause 

This is for Win7 machines, on XP the path will be different ..

The last problem, I won't comment on until you have shown me the file ...

Final point - IF you are using the beta, you must copy the pwsdll.dll from the beta2 game folder into the tracker folder

Otherwise, I can control your machine through Teamviewer8, if you PM me your teamviewer Id and password.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/20/2013 4:06:02 AM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to diamond dave)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITPTracker problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI