Game wont Start

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
scarvie

Game wont Start

Post by scarvie »

Hi, just purchased LSA, installed OK and when I open the game menu and click 'play' it produces an error box which says 'Not Available'. I'm running windows 7, and have tried to run it through compatibility mode to no avail. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Scarvie
SteveMcClaire

RE: Game wont Start

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It sounds like it could be a video card / driver compatibility issue. Is there anything else to the error message besides "Not Available"? What sort of computer are you using and what video card do you have?

I'd suggest updating your video driver as a good first step.

For the game, you can try holding down the CTRL key as you start the game.  This should give you the game options dialog box immediately.  Check the "General" options and make sure the video mode looks to be something your card supports.  You can also try checking the "Windowed Mode" check box and turning off the game videos to see if those help with the issue.

Steve
scarvie

Post by scarvie »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I'm running on an old re-constituted laptop temporarily while (ironically enough) I fix the graphics card on my desktop which recently broke. No joy with the windows and videos. I'll try updating the graphics and see how it goes. I've added a screen-grab in case it helps this case or someone else.

Cheers,

Scarvie
Attachments
CCUnavailable.jpg
CCUnavailable.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 99 times
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

You might try re-installing DirectX on the machine. That's the only other thing I can think of trying.  The screenshot, with a blank window, makes me think DirectX may be completely non-functional.  Are you able to play other games on this machine?

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”