Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Super HQ Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Super HQ Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Super HQ Units - 3/18/2013 11:11:02 PM   
Capt Cliff

There was a glitch in the reinforcement for XIII Bomber Command. Instead of coming in at Anchorage it came in at Adak. The HQ has no assault value but it is destroying the SNLF unit sent in to take Adak. The HQ has no infantry, no guns and no AFV's but has give the SNLF 50% causalities. Perhaps the combat algorithm for HQ's is off.

Attachment (1)

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 3:26:09 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff
There was a glitch in the reinforcement for XIII Bomber Command. Instead of coming in at Anchorage it came in at Adak. The HQ has no assault value but it is destroying the SNLF unit sent in to take Adak. The HQ has no infantry, no guns and no AFV's but has give the SNLF 50% causalities. Perhaps the combat algorithm for HQ's is off.

C.Cliff - please upload a file before the combat round. This combat report might seem to indicate an issue. Additional info required though such as patch info, scenario & FYI the unit is due at Adak not Anchorage in scen1.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 4:20:36 AM   
msieving1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

Any unit can defend against attack. Looking at the combat report, the Allied unit is getting bonuses from the terrain, and the Japanese units are fatigued. The Japanese need rest and/or reinforcement.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 3
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 5:15:47 AM   
jmalter

IMO this isn't really an unusual combat result, given the low # of attackers & the listed modifiers, esp. if XXI Bomber Cmd was fully-supplied. the game-engine assigns a minimal AV to support squads for ground combat, in this case the defenders won the dice-roll.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 4
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 5:27:38 AM   
n01487477

I think similar to msieving1 and jmalter but at the same time there has been reports of some units gaining additional devices within the beta. I was just being sure and also ensuring that C.Cliff actually gave more information,rather than just telling us that there is a bug.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 5
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 5:56:31 AM   
JeffK

Its the cooks and the clerks and the drivers, you are lucky it wasnt a Marine HQ.

Slow down, prep for the battle and rest your troops, might be a bit easier then.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 6
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 5:12:08 PM   
Crackaces

I am thinking this HQ unit has a decendent from Alan P. York and the IJA all lined up in a trench to be picked off

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 7
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 9:35:49 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

I think similar to msieving1 and jmalter but at the same time there has been reports of some units gaining additional devices within the beta. I was just being sure and also ensuring that C.Cliff actually gave more information,rather than just telling us that there is a bug.

Don´t think theres more information needed to be sure it is not a bug, just a small dose of RTFM.
Non combat squads count as 1/10th AV per squad for odds calculations (Manual: P196, 8.4.2.1 Ground Combat Sequence), and the screenshot with the combat report does not show any losses.

So, the "50% casualties" are most probably from the landing itself, and the Allied AV is the adjusted AV from the defending non combat squads of XI US Bomber Command.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 8
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 10:32:53 PM   
HansBolter

I have had the same thing happen from the other side and started a WTF thread.

If you dig you will find it. I got all the same answers. Don't expect an HQ with an AV of 1 to have only an AV of 1 in defense.

<sarcasm on>

Somehow they magically create defense forces whenever they are threatened that perform better than if they actully had a combat unit in the hex defending them.

<sarcasm off>

Just something you gotta live with.

<sarcasm on>

You'll likely need a full corps to overcome that HQ.

<sarcasm off>

Have a nice day!

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 3/19/2013 10:34:47 PM >

Hans

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 9
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/19/2013 10:41:11 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

You are confusing assault value with firepower if you believe this. He only needs that same SNLF.

The only thing needed ot overcome a bunch of non combat squads is time.

S**t happens in war.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/20/2013 12:30:36 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

quote:

You are confusing assault value with firepower if you believe this. He only needs that same SNLF.

The only thing needed ot overcome a bunch of non combat squads is time.

You apparently missed this: <sarcasm on>....and this: <sarcasm off>...if yopu believe that is what I believe.

And since I have been in the same situation as the OP I can attest to the fact that time won't make a bit of difference. Ten days from the date of his first aborted attack the HQ will still have an inflated defense value that will prevent him from taking the hex until he brings up more strength to get better odds.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 3/20/2013 12:34:14 PM >

Hans

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 11
RE: Super HQ Units - 3/20/2013 4:46:24 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

You apparently missed this: <sarcasm on>....and this: <sarcasm off>...

No, ignored them on purpose as it was difficult enough to extract usable information from your post without em.

S**t happens in war.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Super HQ Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI