Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/19/2013 6:41:15 PM   
gingerbread

Yes, that means cheap to rail. They still have a ZOC.

Of course it's the opposite of the optimal employment of them, but they and what you can scrounge from the south are what you have.

The panzers' supply path ought to be rather long, are you tracking his rail heads?

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 31
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/19/2013 6:55:39 PM   
821Bobo

Well there are 2 new pockets in south as well so nothing can be moved from south.
It seems Michael doesn't give a toss about railhead distance. Usually on turn 3 Panzers do not have fuel for such voyages.

Actually I have managed to cut off whole Panzer group(well its +/- 12 divisions) around VL but I am worried that he will have anyway enough fuel for another pocket.

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 32
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/19/2013 7:26:01 PM   
Shupov

Bobo - due to this disaster Moscow is already in danger and you need to make strategic decisions. Saving Moscow is your #1 territorial priority and you still have time to solidify the Vyazma-Bryansk line.

Your other fronts are doing relatively better. I would pull units from the north and south to the center. You can probably still hold the southern Dnepr crossing until turn 6. Unfortunately you may have to sacrifice Leningrad to hold your capital.

Two broken Tigers on fire in the night,
Flicker their souls to the wind...

Al Stewart, "Roads to Moscow"

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 33
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/19/2013 7:29:57 PM   
vandev

Best defense at this stage is hugging the panzers and cutting down on their mps. Getting between a unit and its hq is strategy one and making the hq to railhead as long as possible is strategy 2. Pocketed units are dead. Breaking a pocket just delays the time of death and possibly adds more units to the death pile. That said hug the panzers and hope for the best.

I like the idea of defending on turn 3 in the landbridge, but you need to think like a german in planning out the defense. That MT can get a good turn 3 pocket is great for him really bad for you. MT traded his advance toward leningrad for this pocket. The direct approach is probably no longer possible for him so it is the right hook all the way at this point. Use that against him.

Good luck.

vandev

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 34
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/19/2013 8:25:13 PM   
timmyab

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

These units are depleted, I thought they didn't have ZOC?

Normally I defend the land bridge, but it needs commitment and precise play.I wouldn't even attempt it here though because of the presence of pz group 4 in the area.
I agree with Shupov.Move a ton of stuff from the South and the North and park it in front of Moscow roughly on a line Rzhev, Vyasma, Bryansk with pickets in good terrain out front.Forget about Leningrad, just leave a skeleton force up there.

Post #: 35
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/19/2013 9:28:30 PM   
gingerbread

quote:

ORIGINAL: timmyab

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

These units are depleted, I thought they didn't have ZOC?

You're right, no ZOC projected by depleted units.

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 36
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/20/2013 11:12:27 PM   
Pelton

I simply cant understand why poeple defend the south with anything other then a screen?

Most GHC units are in supply in the south until turn 5 so crossing the major river turn 4 or 5 is easy. Supplies are not an issue until turn 7 down south.

Every person I have played last 5 games run in south and lose nothing including MT.

Yet the last 5 poeple that have fought MT try to fight him in south? What do they time I am faster advancing then him?

I just dont get it?

MT's MO has been hvy in center with a right hook out of the Keiv area now for last 2 yrs, hehehe

Hmm same plan yet poeple make sure they fall into his trap over and over?

Kinda funny really at this point.

Poeple talk about me do same thing every time, MT's been doing it for 2 yrs and poeple are still falling for it

< Message edited by Pelton -- 3/20/2013 11:15:33 PM >

GHC
23 - 4 - 8

16 games ended in 41 (16-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

Post #: 37
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/23/2013 1:01:43 PM   
821Bobo

Turn 3

I was lazy to do screenshot from the whole front. I anyway started to run but it may be too late. Only action was around the Vitebsk pocket. Thanks to 2 successful attacks I managed to open the pocket and temporary isolate 12 German divisions. I was able to identify IDs from AGN around Vitebsk. Prediction that Michael is going all out in the center is correct.

Some one have to pay for our defeats. Poor unlucky Stepan.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 38
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/23/2013 2:04:26 PM   
janh

... scratches head. Good moves, that should get Michael to think a little! Bold or too bold, that is the question.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 39
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/23/2013 2:27:11 PM   
Shupov

Agree - good moves and worth the loss of a few more units outside the pocket. Their sacrifice will slow AGC's panzers and allow more time to build your Moscow MLR.

Two broken Tigers on fire in the night,
Flicker their souls to the wind...

Al Stewart, "Roads to Moscow"

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 40
RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! - 3/23/2013 8:21:15 PM   
Ketza

Nice counter!

(in reply to Shupov)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: For the Motherland, Honor and Freedom! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI