Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT - "The Americans" on FX

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT - "The Americans" on FX Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT - "The Americans" on FX - 3/16/2013 2:38:59 PM   
ny59giants

Has anybody gotten into the new series on FX about Soviet spies in the USA in the early 80s?? I was in the USN from '77 through '83, so it is kind of a flashback for me. I'm recording the series and need to watch last Wednesday nights episode, but I kind of like it.

Post #: 1
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 3/16/2013 3:53:43 PM   
KMCCARTHY

I'm 51 and did a number of years in the Army.

Sorry I recorded the two hour premier, but my wife's needs overwrote mine.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 7/14/2013 7:58:19 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Has anybody gotten into the new series on FX about Soviet spies in the USA in the early 80s?? I was in the USN from '77 through '83, so it is kind of a flashback for me. I'm recording the series and need to watch last Wednesday nights episode, but I kind of like it.
warspite1

Just seen this post. I posted about this in the General Discussion forum (what program/film/documentary are you watching now?) after seeing the first episode, but that got a similarly negative response too.

Yes I am really enjoying this series . We are up to about episode 5 or 6 here in the UK. I like the characters - Keri Russell is very watchable - and I am interested to see how their love of country (USSR) plays out against their personal set-up (family life in the USA) and their feelings as the Soviet bloc starts to disintegrate (starting with Poland).

One minor gripe. The blurb that accompanied it promised an 80's soundtrack which, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk (that appeared in (the pilot?) episode) aside, has not materialised.

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 3
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 7/15/2013 8:59:15 PM   
RevRick

They shoulda hung Walker from the yardarm!

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 4
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 7/22/2013 3:59:23 PM   
ny59giants

Finished up the first year over weekend. There are some 'interesting' cliff hangers there. The last scene was great!

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 5
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 8/24/2013 11:09:24 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Finished up the first year over weekend. There are some 'interesting' cliff hangers there. The last scene was great!
warspite1

First season ended in the UK tonight. What a shame - I really enjoyed that whole series. can't wait for the next one now

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 6
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 8/24/2013 11:35:12 PM   
ny59giants

It will be interesting to see what plot lines they develop for both their American children.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 7
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 8/25/2013 2:26:05 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

One minor gripe. The blurb that accompanied it promised an 80's soundtrack which, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk (that appeared in (the pilot?) episode) aside, has not materialised.

I presume you want some ABBA. 'knowing me knowing you, uh huh'.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 8
RE: OT - "The Americans" on FX - 8/25/2013 7:25:24 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I presume you want some ABBA. 'knowing me knowing you, uh huh'.
warspite1

No, I said 80's soundtrack - not 70's. Knowing Me, Knowing You was written in the mid/late seventies.

The Americans did end with another 80's classic - Games Without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel, but its a shame that apart from that and Fleetwood Mac's Tusk in the first episode, 80's music was not a feature (as was promised). I find music from the period really helps provide a better feel for the time. Maybe in the next series.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/25/2013 7:47:41 AM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT - "The Americans" on FX Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI