Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> After Action Reports >> AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders - 3/14/2013 9:23:55 PM   
Mgellis

I finally got a chance to try this one out. Here is my AAR...

Pacific War 2 – Intruders

Scenario by JSF/Ralf

Database: HUD-4 v1.11

AAR by Mark Gellis

I must guard the Japanese “carrier” Hyuga from Chinese submarines.

The scenario begins at 13:00 Zulu, 15 August, 2013.

13:04. In the first four minutes, four submarines have appeared near my task force. I am going to try to move my task force away (to the east and then the north) to put some distance between myself and then. I am also launching a Seahawk-J to see if I can get more information.

13.06. A fifth sub spotted. How did they all get this close!?

13.07. Torpedo contact!

13:10. A Chinese plane has appeared, a Yun-8X, but it got too close and a Sea Sparrow took it down.

13:12. Contact G103 is a biological. So is contact G102 and G108. Two other contacts are submarines, identified as Chinese Kilos. I’m sending helicopters, changing course (north by northwest) and going to flank speed.

13:21. There is Han right ahead of me. There’s got to be nearly ten subs and/or whales in the water around me! Changing course again and launching another helicopter.

13:28. I’m getting some information on another submarine…it is an American Seawolf and it is firing on…well, I hope it’s not me.

13:55. Launching my last two helicopters. The rest are out of torpedoes and must reload. I’m not sure if I got any of the Chinese submarines yet but none of their torpedoes have gotten me so at least I’m not losing. Yet.

14:07. Changing course again. Now heading east once more, staying in the assigned patrol zone. (I think that’s what it is…it is marked with reference points.)

14:25. Got one of the Kilos. I may have gotten both…the other one has disappeared.

14:36. Something got hit. I don’t know what. But I heard the explosion. Lining up one of the Hans between two choppers…I’ll pinch him between two torpedoes.

14:43. Launching torpedoes at the Han.

14:45. The Han took a hit but is still “visible” on sonar. Is he sinking?

15:16. I’m getting torpedo contacts but they don’t seem anywhere near me.

15:26. Launching another helicopter to see if I can kill the other Han.

15:32. Victory conditions achieved. It says four Chinese subs got whacked (I think I got two of them. It also says a Russian submarine got killed and two whales. Poor whales! The Russian Sub and the Seawolf may have gotten the other Chinese subs.)

Overall assessment: This is a nice, tense little scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders - 10/20/2013 12:41:41 PM   
JSF

Thx for playing it, Mark! Currently I´m playing Your campaign "The Haruyuki Saga" and really enjoying it.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> After Action Reports >> AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI