HCE in High Resolution

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
dlorentz

HCE in High Resolution

Post by dlorentz »

I was wondering if anybody can help me. I've been running this game since 1990 and I don't want to give it up. I loaded up Harpoon Ultimate Edition on my new laptop. This laptop runs natively at 1920 X 1080 resolution. Harpoon commanders edition windows cannot be stretched enough to fill up the screen. ( if I do stretch to the max, the unit window is the same size as the group window, and the report window is too big as well)
If I reduce resolution to 1024 X 768, black bars appear on the sides of the screen. I could live with that, but not as a permanent solution. Is there any way to put the Harpoon shortcut on the desktop so it changes resolution to 1024 X 768, starts the game normally, and then when I exit, it puts resolution back to 1920 X 1080?
The only other choice I have is run in Windows XP compatability mode and check off "run in 640 X 480 screen resolution" which TOTALLY SUCKS

I am running a SAGER 9570 laptop with dual GeForce GTX 680MX graphics cards.
[&:]
TonyE

RE: HCE in High Resolution

Post by TonyE »

Yes, you can create such a script to change screen resolution, run the game, then change the screen resolution again when done. Look into http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html . I can't take the time to whip up a batch file right now but if you need more assistance post back and I'll eventually get to it.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
dlorentz

Post by dlorentz »

Thank you very much TonyE, I should be able to take it from here.
daren
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Daren,

Can you let us know why you'd rather play in the lower resolution? I can understand if the icons and text are too tiny at a higher resolution but I'm getting the feeling it may be something different for you?

Thanks

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Tech Support”