Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HCE in High Resolution

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> HCE in High Resolution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HCE in High Resolution - 3/14/2013 5:24:24 AM   
dlorentz

I was wondering if anybody can help me. I've been running this game since 1990 and I don't want to give it up. I loaded up Harpoon Ultimate Edition on my new laptop. This laptop runs natively at 1920 X 1080 resolution. Harpoon commanders edition windows cannot be stretched enough to fill up the screen. ( if I do stretch to the max, the unit window is the same size as the group window, and the report window is too big as well)
If I reduce resolution to 1024 X 768, black bars appear on the sides of the screen. I could live with that, but not as a permanent solution. Is there any way to put the Harpoon shortcut on the desktop so it changes resolution to 1024 X 768, starts the game normally, and then when I exit, it puts resolution back to 1920 X 1080?
The only other choice I have is run in Windows XP compatability mode and check off "run in 640 X 480 screen resolution" which TOTALLY SUCKS

I am running a SAGER 9570 laptop with dual GeForce GTX 680MX graphics cards.
Post #: 1
RE: HCE in High Resolution - 3/14/2013 6:17:28 PM   
TonyE

Yes, you can create such a script to change screen resolution, run the game, then change the screen resolution again when done. Look into http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html . I can't take the time to whip up a batch file right now but if you need more assistance post back and I'll eventually get to it.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to dlorentz)
Post #: 2
RE: HCE in High Resolution - 3/15/2013 2:34:23 AM   
dlorentz

Thank you very much TonyE, I should be able to take it from here.
daren

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: HCE in High Resolution - 3/15/2013 8:51:22 PM   
TonyE

Daren,

Can you let us know why you'd rather play in the lower resolution? I can understand if the icons and text are too tiny at a higher resolution but I'm getting the feeling it may be something different for you?

Thanks

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to dlorentz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> HCE in High Resolution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI