Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Running Multiple Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Running Multiple Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Running Multiple Games - 3/11/2013 8:27:55 AM   
Icedawg

I'm currently having difficulty getting the proper combat replays and combat reports out to my opponents. Specifically, each time I run a game from one opponent, the game overwrites the .001 file (combat replay) and the combat report. As a result, I have sent my opponents the wrong replay and the wrong combat report a few different times. I know many of you guys out there play multiple games. How do you keep the files straight between your various opponents?

Secondly, my different opponents are using different maps, so each time I switch between games, I have to copy/paste the hex data files and some of the Art files. It's kind of a drag doing this and combined with the combat replay and combat report issue noted above, I'm getting a bit frustrated. Is there anyway to avoid having to do this each time I switch between games? Can the entire game program be loaded/copied twice onto the computer so I can use one for each opponent separately?
Post #: 1
RE: Running Multiple Games - 3/11/2013 8:36:14 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I'm currently having difficulty getting the proper combat replays and combat reports out to my opponents. Specifically, each time I run a game from one opponent, the game overwrites the .001 file (combat replay) and the combat report. As a result, I have sent my opponents the wrong replay and the wrong combat report a few different times. I know many of you guys out there play multiple games. How do you keep the files straight between your various opponents?

Secondly, my different opponents are using different maps, so each time I switch between games, I have to copy/paste the hex data files and some of the Art files. It's kind of a drag doing this and combined with the combat replay and combat report issue noted above, I'm getting a bit frustrated. Is there anyway to avoid having to do this each time I switch between games? Can the entire game program be loaded/copied twice onto the computer so I can use one for each opponent separately?

Just make a second install. Copy the folder and paste the folder and make a new shortcut to the new exe. Or the second solution is to use something like Janesoft generic mod switcher

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Running Multiple Games - 3/11/2013 10:03:18 AM   
Roger Neilson 3

Every game I have going has its own separate WITP. I just copy the whole folder to a new one as n01487477 says. Works like a dream.

Roger

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
RE: Running Multiple Games - 3/11/2013 12:30:24 PM   
Icedawg

Wow, it's that simple!? I'll try it when I get back from work. Thanks guys.

(in reply to Roger Neilson 3)
Post #: 4
RE: Running Multiple Games - 3/11/2013 2:44:27 PM   
nashvillen

Agree with Daimion and Rodger. Each game has what is essentially its own install. Everything is kept separate. You can even set up in Tracker a name for each game in its own folder under each install. This will help keep things from getting mixed up.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 5
RE: Running Multiple Games - 3/11/2013 3:56:02 PM   
ny59giants

I have three set up - Stock, Reluctant Admiral, and DBB. If I used the same for multiple games I would do another 'copy & paste' as I've done what you have done...mixed and matched.

The top AE is the shortcut for last official patch. The bottom AE is my shortcut to latest beta patch, which I use. I like the "Save" folder shortcut for each game to quickly 'cut & paste' from email and then into the Tracker folder below.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ny59giants -- 3/11/2013 3:58:21 PM >

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 6
RE: Running Multiple Games - 3/11/2013 4:34:55 PM   
nashvillen

Like the NY Football Giants, my installs are simular:

This is my shortcuts, buried a little to keep prying eyes from seeing anything, on my work computer. (Yeah, when you are just sitting watching data move around you can do other things...)

This is my installs:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Running Multiple Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI