Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Is Nagumo defective?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Is Nagumo defective? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/11/2013 11:13:46 PM   
jeffk3510

edited - double post

< Message edited by jeffk3510 -- 3/11/2013 11:18:14 PM >

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 31
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/11/2013 11:14:41 PM   
DivePac88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Historically...Nagumo was arguably defective as CV TF commander.

Just to answer original topic question...

Yes, there were rumors of consangunity in his famiry.

Well, that's what I heard.

Really... didn't know he was secular.

< Message edited by DivePac88 -- 3/11/2013 11:25:55 PM >

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 32
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/11/2013 11:28:51 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zigurat666

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Zigurat, to be honest, I think you set the tone for this thread by using "rigged." You got a few responses that seemed equally strong, but nothing I saw that was out of line with your post. You might avoid such flare ups, though, by refraining from using strong terms or by making assertions that you are an "advanced player." (I don't know you - you may well be an advanced player - but most of the time it's better to let other players sing your praises rather than singing your own.)

Such a shame Canoerebel. I used to respect your opinions. However your endorsement of poor behavior has me at a loss. You'll notice I have only 120+ posts in over 4 years,testimony to the fact that you really dont get good advice> The only way to get any respect on this board is to have played at least 5 games versus all the head-trolls on this board or to have a relative that served in the forces who single handedly forged a hand-grenade by chewing coconut husk and filled it with gunpowder from a dud BB shell on the beach.
Anyways all the psychotics will be happy to know I wont be back for a while.

As it is custom in this great forum, the tone of the responses you get usually is similar to your own.

From what I have seen you only post to either ask qustions without providing any meaningful context, to vent, to whine, or show how pissed off you are because you - always completely
innocently - were not treated the way you like it. I have never seen you help a new player or answer questions not concerning your own game; such beaviour also increases post count as
a sideffect btw.

Canorebel was much more friendly than I think you deserve - gentleman that he is, and you got, on average, much nicer and helpful responses here than I´d have the patience for. If you
plan to continue posting in this style you could surely be the cause for some entertaining threads, but OTOH, good to see you leaving again. Bye.

< Message edited by LoBaron -- 3/11/2013 11:29:09 PM >

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 33
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 12:14:43 AM   
Paladin1dcs

quote:

quote:

Zigurat, to be honest, I think you set the tone for this thread by using "rigged."  You got a few responses that seemed equally strong, but nothing I saw that was out of line with your post.  You might avoid such flare ups, though, by refraining from using strong terms or by making assertions that you are an "advanced player."  (I don't know you - you may well be an advanced player - but most of the time it's better to let other players sing your praises rather than singing your own.) 

Such a shame Canoerebel. I used to respect your opinions. However your endorsement of poor behavior has me at a loss. You'll notice I have only 120+ posts in over 4 years,testimony to the fact that you really dont get good advice> The only way to get any respect on this board is to have played at least 5 games versus all the head-trolls on this board or to have a relative that served in the forces who single handedly forged a hand-grenade by chewing coconut husk and filled it with gunpowder from a dud BB shell on the beach.

While Canoe has the good grace to not comment back to your uncouth trolling, and LoBaron has already shown you the door, let me be the first to encourage you to GTFO and don't come back. You remind me of too many spoiled-brat 20 something's which take up so much bandwidth on the internet, convinced of their own superiority and utterly impervious to reality.

Seriously, you started the entire thread WHINING about how "rigged" the game was due to how a Strike turned out, then when treated to your own level of maturity by some posters, responded with the "I'm an uberleet gamer and I WTFBBQPWN all before me!!!1!!1!" attitude.

Color me not impressed, I've seen scores of your type before and all I'll say is this. I wish I could buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth.

Now begone troll, I've wasted enough bandwidth on you as it stands.

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 34
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 2:11:29 AM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

I haz proof

< Message edited by Gräfin Zeppelin -- 3/12/2013 2:12:46 AM >

(in reply to Paladin1dcs)
Post #: 35
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 3:11:35 AM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paladin1dcs

quote:

quote:

Zigurat, to be honest, I think you set the tone for this thread by using "rigged."  You got a few responses that seemed equally strong, but nothing I saw that was out of line with your post.  You might avoid such flare ups, though, by refraining from using strong terms or by making assertions that you are an "advanced player."  (I don't know you - you may well be an advanced player - but most of the time it's better to let other players sing your praises rather than singing your own.) 

While Canoe has the good grace to not comment back to your uncouth trolling, and LoBaron has already shown you the door, let me be the first to encourage you to GTFO and don't come back. You remind me of too many spoiled-brat 20 something's which take up so much bandwidth on the internet, convinced of their own superiority and utterly impervious to reality.

Seriously, you started the entire thread WHINING about how "rigged" the game was due to how a Strike turned out, then when treated to your own level of maturity by some posters, responded with the "I'm an uberleet gamer and I WTFBBQPWN all before me!!!1!!1!" attitude.

Color me not impressed, I've seen scores of your type before and all I'll say is this. I wish I could buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth.

Now begone troll, I've wasted enough bandwidth on you as it stands.

He isn't a troll by any means, and your comment doesn't help the matter one bit to be honest...this thread is def going down in flames fast...

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to Paladin1dcs)
Post #: 36
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 3:18:55 AM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

I haz proof

Ouch!

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Gräfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 37
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 10:25:36 AM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

who will miss you then?

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 38
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 1:18:17 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

I haz proof

Ouch!

Hey, he fought for the bad guys. But I have to say, that is one IMPRESSIVE-looking naval officer.

The Moose

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 39
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 7:44:56 PM   
crsutton

Yep, got to agree. If he told me to get him a cup of coffee, you better damn well believe that I am going to get him some coffee..

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 40
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 7:56:10 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Yep, got to agree. If he told me to get him a cup of coffee, you better damn well believe that I am going to get him some coffee..

Hai!!!

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 41
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 7:57:05 PM   
Sardaukar

AFAIK, he was quit good martial artist.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 42
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/12/2013 8:55:30 PM   
Speedy

Then I'd DEFINITELY get him some coffee. Pronto.

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 43
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 2:35:16 AM   
tigercub

cup of char SER...right up.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 44
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 3:03:13 AM   
panzer cat

quote:

I haz proof

That's just wrong

Post #: 45
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 4:32:09 AM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

If he looks at me with these puppy eyes I would bring him cofee indeed everytime he does that.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 46
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 4:42:17 AM   
pws1225

Puppy eyes?

Post #: 47
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 4:43:32 AM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Puppy eyes?

Ah maybe this is lost in translation. He has very sad eyes in my opinion like they eyes puppies often have.

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 48
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 4:50:08 AM   
pws1225

Isn't that odd. To me they seem strong as steel. Maybe it's a translation between the sexes more than between languages.

Post #: 49
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 4:53:30 AM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

Isn't that odd. To me they seem strong as steel. Maybe it's a translation between the sexes more than between languages.

Hmmm interesting indeed.

Rats, now I have to print out Nagumos picture and ask around. Its not like people think I am already crazy enough.

Started all in the 90s when I asked for Megavolt (Darkwing Duck) underwear.

< Message edited by Gräfin Zeppelin -- 3/13/2013 4:56:50 AM >

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 50
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 6:16:50 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Puppy eyes?

Ah maybe this is lost in translation. He has very sad eyes in my opinion like they eyes puppies often have.

No, no. I see it too. Very strong jaw and vertical crease on his forehead after YEARS of scolwing...but his eyes seem to say..."By Odin! What have we done? We are so ******!"

Post #: 51
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 6:20:46 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Now HERE is a guy who resents your use of the world's Oxygen and is about to give you a Polonium 210 burger.

Post #: 52
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 11:55:28 AM   
Itdepends

Great idea for a new contributor to your AAR Capn. Forget the manual, what would Putin do?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruen_Planet

Post #: 53
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 5:54:52 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

Hmmm interesting indeed.

Rats, now I have to print out Nagumos picture and ask around. Its not like people think I am already crazy enough.

I think it's a girl thing. (The eyes, not you being crazy. )

Started all in the 90s when I asked for Megavolt (Darkwing Duck) underwear.

Please tell me you were 7-YO.

The Moose

Post #: 54
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 9:43:52 PM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

No I was an adult already and thought a Megavolt pantie would be extremly cool. Infact I still think that

All women I asked say he has a very determined face, especially his mouth but puppy/sad eyes indeed. Men Said otherwise, comparable to this steel eyes thingi. (Nagumo, not Megavolt)

Very interesting.

< Message edited by Gräfin Zeppelin -- 3/13/2013 9:44:30 PM >

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 55
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/13/2013 10:03:23 PM   
Canoerebel

I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but judging by Nagumo's photo, he's not the kind of guy I'd want to be around when he wasn't in a good mood.  And I don't think he was in what we'd call a good mood very often.

Post #: 56
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/14/2013 12:44:36 AM   
topeverest

This is some INTERESTING reading gentlemen!

Nagumo defective...that just made my day...

Andy M

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 57
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/14/2013 1:04:55 AM   
oldman45

quote:

quote:

If he looks at me with these puppy eyes I would bring him cofee indeed everytime he does that.

I believe the phrase you were looking for is "puppy dog eyes"

No, I don't think that applies to Nagumo. Piercing might be a better description.

Post #: 58
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/14/2013 1:35:38 AM   
wdolson

quote:

No I was an adult already and thought a Megavolt pantie would be extremly cool. Infact I still think that

All women I asked say he has a very determined face, especially his mouth but puppy/sad eyes indeed. Men Said otherwise, comparable to this steel eyes thingi. (Nagumo, not Megavolt)

Very interesting.

My SO said :determined, resolute with a slightly haunted look in the eyes. She said definitely no puppy or sadness.

I think his eyes have some sadness in them like he's seen way too much horror. Overall he looks like a very tough and resolute commander. Someone who demands 110% every minute.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Post #: 59
RE: Is Nagumo defective? - 3/14/2013 5:10:19 AM   
Commander Cody

Thanks for the chuckles, all, especially the Grafin. We may have a serious rival to Chuck Norris on our hands.

To the OP: Perhaps phrasing the question something like, "This, this and this happened, and I was wondering if it's possible Nagumo has some sort of bad juju attached to his carrier strikes that is not reflected in his stats. Anyone have any ideas? Or is it my lousy gameplay?" [Self-deprecation usually getting more sympathetic treatment than not.]

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Is Nagumo defective? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI