Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

governato

Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham

Post by governato »

Just the map showing the situation at the final Turn. 'Retreat from Leningrad' is a medium scenario (not many units, 29 Turns) that comes with the 'Drama on the Danube' expansion. I do not see many AARs from scenarios, but they are fun to play! RfL was a good opportunity to learn how to master the late war stages (use of reserves for the German and artillery and tanks for the Red Army). Me, playing the German side, made an ordered withdrawal to the Daugavina, where I had prepared some fortified positions. It was a slow slog after that and I was able to counterattack a few times in the SE with the few strong Panzer divisions at my disposal. Paul (aka samthesham) was a gracious player and I highly recommend him!

A few points of note:
- The German railnet shuts down when the link to Konigsberg is severed.
- A lot of VP points come from the little Island NW of Riga. I am glad I kept some forces there.
- Many Panzer/Tank units withdraw during mud, so the front gets more static towards the end.
- The German player gets those fancy Me-262s jet fighters. Yeah!

Historically the Red Army made a little more progress by the end of the scenario: it took Riga. The end result was however the same. Army Group North ended bottled up in the Courland pocket for the rest of the war.

Attachments
RFL.jpg
RFL.jpg (256.06 KiB) Viewed 95 times
comsolut

RE: Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham

Post by comsolut »

Thanks for posting.

Shows there is life outside the campaign game.
Peltonx

RE: Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham

Post by Peltonx »

Nice
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “After Action Reports”