Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham - 3/10/2013 12:35:08 AM   
governato

Just the map showing the situation at the final Turn. 'Retreat from Leningrad' is a medium scenario (not many units, 29 Turns) that comes with the 'Drama on the Danube' expansion. I do not see many AARs from scenarios, but they are fun to play! RfL was a good opportunity to learn how to master the late war stages (use of reserves for the German and artillery and tanks for the Red Army). Me, playing the German side, made an ordered withdrawal to the Daugavina, where I had prepared some fortified positions. It was a slow slog after that and I was able to counterattack a few times in the SE with the few strong Panzer divisions at my disposal. Paul (aka samthesham) was a gracious player and I highly recommend him!

A few points of note:
- The German railnet shuts down when the link to Konigsberg is severed.
- A lot of VP points come from the little Island NW of Riga. I am glad I kept some forces there.
- Many Panzer/Tank units withdraw during mud, so the front gets more static towards the end.
- The German player gets those fancy Me-262s jet fighters. Yeah!

Historically the Red Army made a little more progress by the end of the scenario: it took Riga. The end result was however the same. Army Group North ended bottled up in the Courland pocket for the rest of the war.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by governato -- 3/10/2013 12:38:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samth... - 3/11/2013 11:27:42 PM   
comsolut

Thanks for posting.

Shows there is life outside the campaign game.

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 2
RE: Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samth... - 3/11/2013 11:29:42 PM   
Pelton

Nice

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

(in reply to comsolut)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Retreat from Leningrad Scenario. governato vs samthesham Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI