Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are There Plenty Of Small Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Are There Plenty Of Small Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are There Plenty Of Small Scenarios - 3/9/2013 12:16:58 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

As the title asks; are there enough smaller scenarios that let players creep into the full game?

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Post #: 1
RE: Are There Plenty Of Small Scenarios - 3/9/2013 12:36:04 AM   
Lieste

Yes, with the Tutorial, Hofen being two of the easy pick-ups. Both are challenging to do 'well' in, but not hard or long to play... that said, the complexity doesn't scale exponentially with size as it does with a hex & turn based game ~ the ability to give orders to subordinate HQ and have them competently plan and execute orders means that an Army-level assault is only slightly more complex than one at Division, although obviously a 12 day scenario will take around 4 times as long to complete as a 2 day one if played at the same rate.

You can save and resume the state of play ~ either to break a longer game into shorter segments or to explore alternative plans (or the same plan with variations in response by the AI ~ small changes in results can have larger variations in planning and execution). It is also worth replaying most of the scenarios, as there are available many options for initial placements, strengths and timings and location of reinforcements etc.

Any scenario rewards some fore-planning and this will take longer to assess as the force sizes increase (it simply takes longer to identify each force's composition, a strengths/weaknesses and to incorporate this into your initial plan's structure ~ who is in the first echelon, who is held in reserve, where reserves and supply routes are planned... etc.)

While the control is *mostly* broad-stroke, it is also possible to deploy smaller groups (coy/Bn) to accomplish specific tasks, but it is also possible to have a whole Division make an administrative move with a single order (or indeed attack, but that tends to be a little sub-optimal).

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: Are There Plenty Of Small Scenarios - 3/9/2013 12:46:03 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Thanks for the reply. I think I may purchase this tonight. If Highway was stand alone I would probably get that one instead but, alas, it is not.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Are There Plenty Of Small Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI