Baltic oddities

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

The Guru

Baltic oddities

Post by The Guru »

The port of Parnu (X60,Y25) on the Northeastcorner of the Gulf of Riga is, in my games at least, not accessile for the Axis even though it is friendly controlled and green-coloured when the naval transport mode is on. Indeed, its sole water hex exit (x60, Y26) remains shaded (and this not crossale by naval transport) even thouigh Riga is Axis and Kuressare pounded into submission.
Also thre is a four shaded hexes barrier (x55,Y16; x55,Y17 ;x56,y18 ; x56,y19)that fortunately do not prevent naval movement to Talinn, but forces a detour and makes the path pass next to Hango.

anyone noticed this? Any reason for it? The four shaded hexes west of Talinn are kinda harmless, but the inability to use Parnu is a handicap!
JeremyB

RE: Baltic oddities

Post by JeremyB »

I have the same, it's been there since first version. I seem to remember someone mentioning that on the forum a long time ago, but I don't think there was any reaction...
Von Weber

RE: Baltic oddities

Post by Von Weber »

You should capture Kurressare first.
WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”