Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Assorted questions.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Assorted questions..... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/11/2013 9:51:27 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

my experiences tell me that people that have won a legendary victory in WIF. have been legendary cheaters

I have seen it all, people placing to many BP on the circle .. (after the calculation he had 100 BP to much on the circle)

people placing naval units on map after first visited to the production circle..

people placing units directly on the map. (you calculate a attack, and next time you look at the maps, a AT-gun and a armoured corps, have suddenly appeared in that hex)

moving units to far, ignoring supply

cheating on dice rolls.

< Message edited by michaelbaldur -- 3/11/2013 9:54:00 PM >

Peyton manning is a God and the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 31
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/12/2013 2:32:22 AM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

I have seen it all, people placing to many BP on the circle .. (after the calculation he had 100 BP to much on the circle)

people placing naval units on map after first visited to the production circle..

people placing units directly on the map. (you calculate a attack, and next time you look at the maps, a AT-gun and a armoured corps, have suddenly appeared in that hex)

cheating on dice rolls.

You mustve been playing actual Communist Party Apparatchiks. They want to win using any means possible. Sure wish I couldve been there to bust them!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 32
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/12/2013 2:59:55 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

quote:

cheating on dice rolls.

You mustve been playing actual Communist Party Apparatchiks. They want to win using any means possible. Sure wish I couldve been there to bust them!

I think he wants to purge this forum...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 3/12/2013 3:00:09 PM >

Peter

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 33
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/12/2013 3:26:24 PM   
tigercub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

Comrade Capo del SLAAKMAN those are not women those are solders.

Of the top 10 snipers of World War II number four was a Fin the rest were Soviets.

This is probably true but german snipers took a nasty toll on the allies around normandy..

if you have a list i would like to see?

Tigercub

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 34
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/12/2013 6:13:36 PM   
Extraneous

Top snipers of World War II

Armed Forces History Museum ~ Top 10 WWII Snipers

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 35
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/12/2013 8:37:11 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

warspite1

I repeat...Vassalengine is ready NOW biatch! Hajime!!:
>>>> http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:World_in_Flames <<<<

Stop cowering you Silly Shirking warspite1-Newblette & load up the game!! Thats an order and it goes for the rest of you maggots as well!!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Vanman)
Post #: 36
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/13/2013 12:49:42 AM   
Extraneous

In the imortal words of the Church of the SubGenius.

Give me SLACK, or give me food!

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 37
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/13/2013 5:02:13 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Location of the Warspite1 Task Force is still unknown. Time is fleeting:

quote:

In the imortal words of the Church of the SubGenius.

Give me SLACK, or give me food!

I AM THE STARK FIST OF REMOVAL!!

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 38
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/13/2013 8:01:21 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I repeat...Vassalengine is ready NOW biatch! Hajime!!:
>>>> http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:World_in_Flames <<<<

Stop cowering you Silly Shirking warspite1-Newblette & load up the game!! Thats an order and it goes for the rest of you maggots as well!!

warspite1

Slaakman have you forgotten to take your meds again?

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 39
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/13/2013 7:32:46 PM   
SLAAKMAN

So I can take it you are surrendering without even a whimper?? Silly Warspite1-Newblette why deprive yourself of all the fun of defeat?!

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 40
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/13/2013 7:49:46 PM   
warspite1

quote:

So I can take it you are surrendering without even a whimper?? Silly Warspite1-Newblette why deprive yourself of all the fun of defeat?!
warspite1

See the General Discussion forum. Surrender? Never.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 41
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/13/2013 8:52:45 PM   
Taxman66

Maybe we should rename this thread to 'Trash Talk'.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 42
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/13/2013 9:08:00 PM   
SLAAKMAN

(Shhhhhh quiet Taxman! Im trying to lure Warspite1 into the Booby Trap so I can flush him down).

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 43
Trash Talk - 3/14/2013 7:50:14 AM   
warspite1

quote:

(Shhhhhh quiet Taxman! Im trying to lure Warspite1 into the Booby Trap so I can flush him down).

warspite1

Nice try Slaakman ol' son...but no cigar.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 44
RE: Trash Talk - 3/14/2013 6:31:05 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Youve failed to substantiate valid grounds for refusing battle on Vassal. Until you do I consider you only to be as brave as Sir Robin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJ0xR2_bQ

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 45
RE: Trash Talk - 3/14/2013 10:16:24 PM   
Centuur

quote:

Youve failed to substantiate valid grounds for refusing battle on Vassal. Until you do I consider you only to be as brave as Sir Robin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJ0xR2_bQ

Who bravely run away... To fight another day?

Peter

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 46
RE: Trash Talk - 3/14/2013 11:13:01 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Looks like I win the Diplomacy Phase since the only enemy combatants are the wind & rain. Must have them demoralized!

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 47
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/26/2013 3:00:24 PM   
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Well, of my rankings, bear in mind they're not all that stable. I tend to switch who my favorite is based on whom I had the most fun with. Currently, it probably stands as

A) Germany
B) U.S.
C) U.S.S.R.
D) Japan
E) CW
F) Italy
G) France
H) China

2) Personally, I love the German endgame. But maybe it's the sort of player I'm in. I love those last stands against overwhelming odds, fighting for each inch and each second. Yeah, you can't counterattack; that would be breaking the spell. It's all about retracting your line, budging just enough to not collapse, but giving up each hex only after you've made them fight tooth and nail for it. Glorious.

3)I play a lot of solitaire, and it might be affected by the optional rules I tend to like, (But hey, solitaire insures two evenly matched players, right?) but I find the Soviets "Survive" against a blitz 41 about 60-75% of the time. That being said, I get a lot of games where the Soviets are lamed, and never really muster up the sort of strength to do the counterattacks like they historically did.

4) I've tried a few "China isn't a big deal" games, but even then, I'd go for those two resources in the south, Si-An, and Chang-Sha to solidify my line. Completely ignoring the Chinese is very dangerous, they can build up faster than they look.

And if you're NOT going after China, you should probably be going after the Soviets, hard and early, and then when they force a peace down your throat, being ready to support your German buddy in 1941.

But just sitting there passively is a losing game for the Japanese. At the start you have a grand total of 10 resources under your control, and another 6 coming in from the NEI and the U.S. Once you subtract the amount you're spending for oil, you don't really have all that much production, and even the amount you'd save by not letting the U.S. in say, two turns later is enough to justify that. They'll come in two turns later, and ismply smother you.

(in reply to Vanman)
Post #: 48
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/26/2013 7:25:37 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

Ur_Vile_WEdge
But just sitting there passively is a losing game for the Japanese.

Very true. The Axis altogether must be very aggressive for the first 3 years of the game or they face either gridlock or defeat (IMHO).

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Ur_Vile_WEdge)
Post #: 49
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/26/2013 7:36:55 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

Ur_Vile_WEdge
But just sitting there passively is a losing game for the Japanese.

Very true. The Axis altogether must be very aggressive for the first 3 years of the game or they face either gridlock or defeat (IMHO).

Hey! Now that is something you wrote with which I completely agree.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 50
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/26/2013 8:57:26 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Silly Shannon V. OKeets-Newblette. The Mighty Slaakman is always on the right track under all circumstances, (except when Im wrong which is almost never).

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 51
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/26/2013 8:59:00 PM   
Centuur

quote:

Silly Shannon V. OKeets-Newblette. The Mighty Slaakman is always on the right track under all circumstances, (except when Im wrong which is almost never).

Hey! He is admitting that he is wrong sometimes! That's a great improvement...

Peter

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 52
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/26/2013 9:03:27 PM   
SLAAKMAN

I will even defeat you all with these humble "tractors"-

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 53
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/27/2013 10:40:11 PM   
Extraneous

Another view of SLAAKMAN's "tractors"

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 54
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/28/2013 1:00:40 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

Another view of SLAAKMAN's "tractors"

Silly Extraneous-newblette fell for my decoys. Now boys, give 'em Hell!!

Attachment (1)

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 55
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/28/2013 8:11:42 PM   
Extraneous

SLAAKMAN's fleet found sunk off Albania.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 56
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/29/2013 5:47:16 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Silly Extraneous-Newblette's invincible pillbox in Alexandria harbor-

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 57
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/31/2013 2:14:25 AM   
Extraneous

The SLAACKmainian air force in action.

Please note the innovative open-air hanger and the removal of landing gear in an attempt to get SKAACK fighters into the air faster.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Extraneous -- 3/31/2013 2:15:29 AM >

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 58
RE: Assorted questions..... - 3/31/2013 3:35:00 AM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

The SLAACKmainian air force in action.

Please note the innovative open-air hanger and the removal of landing gear in an attempt to get SKAACK fighters into the air faster.

Ah yes now that we've lured the enemy into making a futile attack on the boneyard we can now spring our invincible trap.

Do you surrender??
http://www.hulu.com/watch/203883

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 59
RE: Assorted questions..... - 4/3/2013 3:11:55 PM   
Extraneous

The SLAACKmainian Battleship Roma has an accident while testing as a submersiable battleship.

It goes down but doesn't come back up.

< Message edited by Extraneous -- 4/3/2013 3:13:17 PM >

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Assorted questions..... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI