Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russians Summer 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Russians Summer 1942 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russians Summer 1942 - 3/5/2013 9:15:22 PM   
wallas

I have been reading some posts about the hopelessness of the russian defence. Some have said the Axis are to powerful during the summer of 1942, and the game is unbalanced. I would have to disagree with this assesment and say a play style and historical prejudice is the problem. In my experience if your acting like the axis in the summer of 1942 by stacking three regiments or a full strength division in a hex with a brigade to maximize stacking and combat strength your going to get butchered as the Russians. Take your full strength division & brigade if applicable and rather then stacking it vertical in the same hex stack it horizontal three deep with the brigade at the back for the fourth deep if the unit count allows. Once the germans have pushed into the line then reinforce behind and always try and keep 3 deep. Can the germans break through sure and you will suffer losses as one unit cannot possible hold a hex, but axis AP will be eaten up greatly. Very hard to lose armies to encirclement when there spread out one regiment per hex over a large area. Once the initiative has been turned then go to 100 stack points per hex. If a major river or rough or urban terrain present then I will stack in a hex, but otherwise I spread out. My gospel only, and do with it as you may and I have been proven wrong many times.

Disclosure; I am not a professional

< Message edited by wallas -- 3/5/2013 10:13:59 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Russians Summer 1942 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI