Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? - 3/5/2013 8:51:43 PM   
Symon

Hi Francois,
I got this serious project going on French frigates by Sane, particularly the Virginie class. Have plans and stuff from both NMM and SHD. Am looking for some "dimensions et dispositions" for these beasts that are likely at Vincennes but might be in some outlying dockyard records. I'm basically looking for Jacques Noel-Sane's "dimentions" from the Reglement of 1810. Can you help me, and send me a pm or email.

Merci a los todos toenails. Ciao. John

Oh yeah, sorry to the rest of you.

Yippy Ki Yay
Post #: 1
RE: Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? - 3/6/2013 12:16:58 AM   
fcharton

Email sent... Send me more information about what you want, and I can probably find them in Vincennes, or through a friend who works in these parts.

For those interested about those nice old models, a forum, in french, with "monographies", ie plans, and pictures of wooden kits.
Joseph, Obvert, if you read this, spéciale dédicace, as we say here...

http://5500.forumactif.org/f23-monographies

Francois

< Message edited by fcharton -- 3/6/2013 12:19:41 AM >

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 2
RE: Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? - 3/6/2013 11:27:18 AM   
obvert

Oh my. That is some serious craftsmanship. Those guys are artists, and it's great to see these kinds of craft are not being lost in the digital age.

I fear my only hope of having a ship look like that is if I luck into some money and can commission one of those guys to build it for me.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 3
RE: Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? - 3/6/2013 9:36:58 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcharton
Email sent... Send me more information about what you want, and I can probably find them in Vincennes, or through a friend who works in these parts.
Francois

Hi Francois,

Didn't get your pm. Problems with Mr Computer that required chirurgicale majeure. Back up now so if you have my mediacombb.net email, please resend. If not, please try pm one more time.

Thanks. John

http://5500.forumactif.org/

Yes, I know that site and have a login for it. I communicate often with Monsieur G. Delacroix on things of this nature. And yes, Obvert, they are indeed artists and serious craftsmen. I am perhaps a 3 on the 10 scale, but am learning and refining my technique every day.

< Message edited by Symon -- 3/6/2013 9:52:24 PM >

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 4
RE: Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? - 3/6/2013 10:36:11 PM   
fcharton

Hi John,

Email resent...

@obvert, this kind of models are called "arsenal models", the general idea is that they are built using the same techniques as the originals, just like the smaller prototypes that were built back then before a design was launched. There seems to be a couple of publishers who edit and sell such plans

http://www.ancre.fr/Default.aspx?L=EN

The navy museum also has a few (btw, together with the Musee des plans reliefs, it is a must see when you are in Paris, they have beautiful models of all sorts of ships)
http://www.aamm.fr/Plans/Catalogue_Mono_AAMM.pdf

Francois

< Message edited by fcharton -- 3/6/2013 10:46:23 PM >

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 5
RE: Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? - 3/6/2013 11:14:06 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcharton

Hi John,

Email resent...

@obvert, this kind of models are called "arsenal models", the general idea is that they are built using the same techniques as the originals, just like the smaller prototypes that were built back then before a design was launched. There seems to be a couple of publishers who edit and sell such plans

http://www.ancre.fr/Default.aspx?L=EN

The navy museum also has a few (btw, together with the Musee des plans reliefs, it is a must see when you are in Paris, they have beautiful models of all sorts of ships)
http://www.aamm.fr/Plans/Catalogue_Mono_AAMM.pdf

Francois

I will be in Paris in just over a month, so I will be sure to go! I would love to tip a glass of wine with you as well if you are nearby.

I'm still getting the basics down of modeling with parts already made for me. Attempting this kind of thing would end with a lot of splinters in my fingers and some mismatched sticks throw around the room.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Utterly OT: Can Fcharton help? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI