Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to use the UK corps in Tabriz?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? - 3/5/2013 3:06:13 AM   
Mark Clark

The UK has a nice, fat, full strength corps sitting in Northern Iran where there is no war. (1944 Scenario.) I see no way to get it out of there and into action. It can't cross Iraq by land and there don't seem to be any sea options, at least I can't figure out how to get him out of the Gulf.

help?
Post #: 1
RE: How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? - 3/5/2013 9:32:32 PM   
Omnius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Clark

The UK has a nice, fat, full strength corps sitting in Northern Iran where there is no war. (1944 Scenario.) I see no way to get it out of there and into action. It can't cross Iraq by land and there don't seem to be any sea options, at least I can't figure out how to get him out of the Gulf.

help?

Mark Clark,
You sure seem to be a glutton for punishment with the 1944 scenario. I think it's probably the worst to start on, or probably play at all.

Did you know that you can edit saved game files with OpenOffice? Did you know that in the landunits file in your saved game folder you can change a unit's location? All you have to do is figure out where you'd like that full strength corps in Tabriz, jot down the hex coordinates and then change the British corp's location coordinates to where you want "Scotty to beam it to".
Omnius

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 2
RE: How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? - 3/5/2013 10:30:38 PM   
Mark Clark

No, I did not know this.  I don't even know what OpenOffice is, much less how to use it.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 3
RE: How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? - 3/6/2013 3:56:01 AM   
gwgardner

Rail transport to Bandar Shapur, load on transport, by sea to Egypt or wherever.

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 4
RE: How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? - 3/6/2013 4:20:04 PM   
Omnius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Clark

No, I did not know this.  I don't even know what OpenOffice is, much less how to use it.

Mark Clark,
Open Office is a free version of Microsft Office pretty much, if you know how to use Excel then using the OpenOffice spreadsheet is a snap. I find it invaluable in overcoming those totally annoying 999 turn unit freezes.

I'd say gwgardener has a better solution that uses the in-game mechanics. From your initial complaint I thought that there wasn't a legit movement option for that lonely Brit unit in Iran.
Omnius

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 5
RE: How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? - 3/6/2013 11:16:34 PM   
Mark Clark

I didn't think there was a legit move but I want to try your trick anyway because I want to save the US mech division that always gets massacred on turn one.

But that involves modding the scenario itself and not a save file, will that work?

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> How to use the UK corps in Tabriz? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI