Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Helicopters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Helicopters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Helicopters - 3/3/2013 5:20:35 PM   
cplprice

The Sikorsky H-5 entered service in Feb 1945. Is it modelled in the game and if not how might it be done?
Post #: 1
RE: Helicopters - 3/3/2013 6:15:15 PM   
Terminus

No helicopters in the game, except sorta-kinda the Ka-1 autogyro. The H-5 played no role that can be modelled in the game.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to cplprice)
Post #: 2
RE: Helicopters - 3/3/2013 11:55:43 PM   
wdolson

There were a lot of auxiliary aircraft that are not in the game. For example the J2F Duck was a pretty common aircraft in the Pacific, but there are none in game. First off aircraft have to be included into some kind of formation before they can be used and only one aircraft type per formation. Auxiliary aircraft weren't usually formed into their own units, they were attached here and there to units operating different types of aircraft.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: Helicopters - 3/10/2013 7:34:31 PM   
dwg

About the only thing US helicopters achieved in 1944/45 was some experimental search and rescue work in Burma, and some supply swapping between repair ships in the Pacific, neither of which is something the game system can model.

(in reply to cplprice)
Post #: 4
RE: Helicopters - 3/10/2013 9:39:41 PM   
cplprice

Thanks for the replies. I was more thinking if they could be used in late 45-46 if your mod took the game into that period.

(in reply to dwg)
Post #: 5
RE: Helicopters - 3/12/2013 1:13:38 AM   
dwg

If memory serves, there really isn't much more that helicopters achieve in game terms until limited landing ops at Suez, and at 2 or 3 men and a couple of mortar shells per helicopter, that's still not a major player.

(in reply to cplprice)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Helicopters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI