Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mac Version When?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Mac Version When? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mac Version When? - 3/3/2013 4:29:25 PM   
Omnius

I saw that this game will be released as a Mac version. I'm wondering about how long before I can enjoy this game on my Mac partition on my iMac? I'm glad that war games are starting to be written for Macs instead of just PC's.
Omnius
Post #: 1
RE: Mac Version When? - 3/3/2013 4:53:54 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Porting is ongoing, as soon as we have a fixed date we will for sure announce it, but it is at least a few more months away.

www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
www.panzer-corps.com
www.commander-games.com

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 2
RE: Mac Version When? - 3/4/2013 4:41:13 PM   
Omnius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

Porting is ongoing, as soon as we have a fixed date we will for sure announce it, but it is at least a few more months away.

Lord Zimoa,
Thanks for the info on the Mac version coming. I'm also wondering about the other Commander titles on WW2 and Napoleon getting ported over to Macs. It seemed like there used to be Mac versions but Freeverse stopped working. I hope an alternative comes along soon for getting us Mac versions. I've whetted my appetite to try out your Commander series by checking their forums and AAR's. I'm looking forward to seeing more titles come to Macs.
Omnius

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 3
RE: Mac Version When? - 3/5/2013 12:32:36 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Commander Napoleon was based on an old Java based engine and design of Firepower Entertainment, the Mac porting of that Java engine was done by Freeverse for Slitherine.

Freeverse does no longer exist, so there is not much we can do for you, we only provided the media for that game. So I fear it is a dead end for the Mac version at least.

You will have to wait on CTGW, that is based on Lordz new C++ engine and is now being ported to Mac and iOS by ourselves.

I cannot give a date yet when porting is finished, but around Q3 this year, when we have final dates for iOS and Mac CTGW releases, be sure we will announce it.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 3/5/2013 12:37:37 PM >

www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
www.panzer-corps.com
www.commander-games.com

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 4
RE: Mac Version When? - 3/5/2013 9:09:25 PM   
Omnius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

Commander Napoleon was based on an old Java based engine and design of Firepower Entertainment, the Mac porting of that Java engine was done by Freeverse for Slitherine.

Freeverse does no longer exist, so there is not much we can do for you, we only provided the media for that game. So I fear it is a dead end for the Mac version at least.

You will have to wait on CTGW, that is based on Lordz new C++ engine and is now being ported to Mac and iOS by ourselves.

I cannot give a date yet when porting is finished, but around Q3 this year, when we have final dates for iOS and Mac CTGW releases, be sure we will announce it.

Lord Zimoa,
Thanks for the info on the Napoleonic game, sad that Freeverse deceased. I take it that the CEaW game was also Freeverse and also defunct? I'll wait until Q3 or so for the Mac release of CTGW. Hopefully more products will get ported over to Macs. I remember the good old days of Apple 2E's and Strategic Simulations Inc. doing war games for them. I'm glad to see game developers remembering Apple and it's superior graphics.
Omnius

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Mac Version When? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI