From: Newark, OH
I figured it was time to let you all know what we are doing and whwere we stand on things. So here we go:
1. In the past two weeks we team has shifted the name of the game from Flashpoint Germany 2: Red Storm or FPG2:RS to the more proper name of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm or FPC:RS. We did this to better reflect the modular nature and expandability of the core game engine. Red Storm covers the 80's in Central Europe and has the same nations as the original FPG. We do plan on expanding both this starting module with more nations, scenarios, etc, but we are also looking at new content modules as well. Assuming the game sells and folks want more stuff.
2. Work on getting the PBEM++ up and running is going slower than we would like, but it is getting close to testing.
3. We are still killing smaller and smaller bugs. Fixing data errors and glitches. Moving files and folders into final structures for future use. A bigger job then it sounds by the way, but it does help show any bad pathing assignments in the code.
4. We implemented a new and better system for determining the number of orders a side gets if you play with limited staff orders on. Instead of being a fixed value in the data files it is now dynamically calculated based on what is in the scenarios and the modifiers for EW impact and unit losses have moved to the data section.
5. We are close to getting both box art and a documentation guy from Matrix. Once they are free from finishing the project they are on we will slide into their queue. Hopefully that will also be at the same time we get an official announcement and dedicated forum section. Then we will really talk up what is going on.
6. Steve is working on scenarios. We have a bunch of them.
7. Rob and I are bug huinting and working on getting the last of the required game engine bits up and running correctly. This includes AI tweaking and responding to our Beta testers.
So that is a quick run down on things. Thanks and keep checking in!
We are working hard on Southern Storm! Back from Origins, recharged, new ideas and back to work!!
Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations