Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possibly Buying but not sure

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Possibly Buying but not sure Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possibly Buying but not sure - 3/3/2013 12:16:48 PM   
demjansk

I downloaded the demo and started to play the game. It's sort of like the Battlefront games but with more detail in certain areas. I am a little confused about the entire process and a lot of the info is in Russian.
I noticed GG has it for under 8 bucks
What would you recommend for playing this game and getting assistance? I have read the manual as well.
Post #: 1
RE: Possibly Buying but not sure - 3/3/2013 1:16:42 PM   
Dane49

You won't learn very much from the manuals in the beginning,mostly learning this game is a trial and error process.Eventually after an hour or so things will become a little easier as you become more familiar with the UI system.Also there are some excellent write ups on this forum for beginners by Redmarkus and a few others,plus some write ups on the Graviteam forum also
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

This is a very good game and the price is a very good deal,especially when comparing it to the Battlfront games which cost about 4 times as much as this one.

If you have problems or questions with the game,post them here or on the Graviteam forum,usually myself or one of the other veteran players will try and help you to the best of our ability.But generally once you've played the game for awhile things will become much easier and start to make more sense.

This game and the Combat Mission games are complex tactical simulation games and as such are not games that at first are easily digested,but I find trial and error and a little patience to be the best teacher.Eventually it won't seem so daunting and then you will be able to start working on honing your tactics as opposed to just learning the User Interface.

It's a steep learning curve in the beginnig but once you get over the initial hump I think you'll find this game to be a very welcome addition to your gaming library.For me this is the only tactical simulation game I enjoy playing, and I haven't regreted a single minute or single dollar I have invested in the game series, and for $8 I think you'll also come to the same conclusion.So go ahead and give it spin,I truly think this game is worth the effort and the price.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 3/3/2013 1:58:17 PM >

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 2
RE: Possibly Buying but not sure - 3/3/2013 6:16:21 PM   
**budd**

GG has the main game and all the DLC for around $18 all together. The lack of any real help playing the game is why i put it down originally after playing the demo, glad i picked it back up again. there are alot of helpful threads here on how to do things, if you stick with it you will have some cool gaming moments.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 3
RE: Possibly Buying but not sure - 3/5/2013 3:10:25 AM   
flashburn

How can you NOT buy this is what you should be asking......... The amount of hours of enjoyment with APOS and old K43 I have spent. Alot of the threads stating problems with gamelay I am convinced is the influx of insane clone games of the past 12 years... Throw something new at someone they freak out.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 4
RE: Possibly Buying but not sure - 3/5/2013 11:14:58 AM   
demjansk

Thanks guys for the input, i guess you just need to spend a few hours or days with the game first

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 5
RE: Possibly Buying but not sure - 3/5/2013 8:05:42 PM   
Dane49

I've been playing this game for a year and I'm still learning.The new commo features and weather effects for fatigue have added a new dimension to the game and I have had to alter my style of play to adjust to these new changes.

Some features I'm still struggling with,like how to seperate infantry from the APCs to have them act independantly is still an issue for me,but all in all I have lots of fun with this game.

The game has improved very much over the last year,and I expect it to improve even more this year.It's really turned out to be one of the better gaming investments I've ever made,both in time and money.

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 6
RE: Possibly Buying but not sure - 3/6/2013 1:47:02 AM   
flashburn

Want to say that the command lag deal has been adjusted. Its a fact from alpha 4. Much more forgiving on medium setting for sure. Actually got use to alpha 4's, current one is probably TOO forgiving on medium. LOL> But thats me. I LOVE the new como stuff. :D GO BUY NOW....gooooo nowwwww.....

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Possibly Buying but not sure Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI