Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't get resolution change to work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - A World Divided - Support >> Can't get resolution change to work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't get resolution change to work - 3/1/2013 11:24:13 PM   
PKH

I just got the game and installed the latest patch which has the resolution option in preferences. I can set the resolution, but it has no effect. When restarting the game, the values in the preferences screen have been reset to the default values. Also I can not change between full screen and window mode. I'm running on windows 7 64bit.
Changing the scroll speed f.ex. in preferences also seem to have no effect. Any ideas ? I've tried running the program as administrator but there is no change.

Edit: It seems the settings are not saved. If I reduce the music volume f.ex. it has an effect, but when the game is restarted the volume is back to it's old value. I haven't seen a configuration file in the program directory, so unless it's stored elsewhere it could be that it is unable to save it for some reason. I use the default folders (c:/matrixgames/...)

< Message edited by PKH -- 3/2/2013 1:05:02 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can't get resolution change to work - 3/8/2013 12:43:07 PM   
CB60

Try going to preferences, clicking full screen, then mousing over to your desktop and setting your resolution to the games default. Now close the game immediately and restart. Should work, did for me and I have a 64 bit Win7 system. Unfortunately, the videos don't play, but ah well.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't get resolution change to work - 3/18/2013 4:14:24 PM   
Lebatron

Moving to win7 has also caused my videos to no longer play, but the other issue you have I don't have in win7 64bit. My preference file saves just fine. The file that saves this info is called wawpref.dat it's in the dat/save folder. There are only a few files there. See if you got a copy of that. If you do I think for some reason windows is refusing to modify that file for you. That's an admin issue. I know you said you covered that, but that has got to be the problem I think. Anyway if nothing works use my old res trick to increase resolution. Find it under the pinned thread area.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to CB60)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't get resolution change to work - 3/19/2013 1:34:58 AM   
jcrohio

Could this be from not creating a save game folder in the dat folder? I think there was something about that in earlier posts? If you want the movies run the game in a window.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't get resolution change to work - 3/20/2013 5:04:04 AM   
Lebatron

Yes I can confirm that when I tried to run the videos again they did work when the game is run in window mode.

As far as the save game folder not being located within the dat folder I got no idea why that would happen. Intentionally moved? If so, why?

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't get resolution change to work - 3/20/2013 3:20:54 PM   
PKH

Creating the dat/save folder seems to have fixed the issues. Screen resolution works, as well as settings and savegames. Thx.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - A World Divided - Support >> Can't get resolution change to work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI