Ship Upgrades becoming unrepairable

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Capt Cliff

Ship Upgrades becoming unrepairable

Post by Capt Cliff »

I have two ships in Noumea the AVD Ballard and the LSI(L)Australia Star that could be upgraded. There was no requirement for shipyard for either ship. But when the next turn rolled around both ships are in the ships for repair section but neither can be repaired!! (see screenie) Neither had previous damage. I now can not change there status from stood down to readiness. So these ships are stuck!! Anybody seen this before?

Attachments
Matrix.jpg
Matrix.jpg (271.52 KiB) Viewed 32 times
Capt. Cliff
castor troy

RE: Ship Upgrades becoming unrepairable

Post by castor troy »

If you check the ships prior to their upgrade you will note that they take "damage" due to the upgrade. And depending on the damage, you might not be able to repair it if you are at a base not being able to repair such damage. You can't change the ships to readiness because that is only possible when the "upgrade delay" is down to 1. If the port is able to repair the damage, then it will be repaired with the "upgrade delay".

I think there is nothing wrong in your game.
Capt Cliff

RE: Ship Upgrades becoming unrepairable

Post by Capt Cliff »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

If you check the ships prior to their upgrade you will note that they take "damage" due to the upgrade. And depending on the damage, you might not be able to repair it if you are at a base not being able to repair such damage. You can't change the ships to readiness because that is only possible when the "upgrade delay" is down to 1. If the port is able to repair the damage, then it will be repaired with the "upgrade delay".

I think there is nothing wrong in your game.

Thanks, so just leave them and they will slowly up grade? But shouldn't the ship show it needs a shipyard to repair said upgrade incurred damage? I ran the game one more turn and both those ships are repairing. Hopefully at the end of those turns I can set them to readiness and move them to a shipyard to complete the repairs.
Capt. Cliff

Return to “Tech Support”