Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC or PITF?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC or PITF? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC or P... - 2/28/2013 1:23:21 AM   
STIENER

Gents
i have to upgade my video card to a 256 or 512 video card to run PITF and i remember awhile ago that there were some issues with certain video cards and the running of close combat.
i have an older PC... a P4, 2.40 CPU, 1 BG of ram and need a AGP type vid card.

im looking at either an invidia video card, not exactly certain what type of invidia card yet or an ATI radeon 2600 pro 512 MB.

i have been running an ATI radeon 9000 128 MB card until now with no CC issues.

any feed back or help would be much appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC ... - 2/28/2013 2:46:33 AM   
VPaulus

You don't have much choices for an AGP slot.
Probably you won't find anything diferente than an ATI Radeon 3450 512MB. I think it was the last manufactured AGP model.
Unless you buy in second hand... but I don't advise that.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 2
RE: Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC ... - 2/28/2013 3:24:41 AM   
STIENER

thanks for the reply.....but as far as you know VPaulus, there is no issues running an invidea type video card? i can get an invidia type card that is AGP slot compliant brand new.

also like you say ...e bay...is an option but.......

im probably going to try and stick with ATI but i need to know what my other options are if that doesnt pan out

< Message edited by STIENER -- 2/28/2013 3:26:11 AM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC ... - 2/28/2013 3:39:17 AM   
davidss

Hi Stiener,
I've got an ATI x800 AGP all in wonder and a 3850 AGP ... if you want either one or both.
The 3850 requires more power, so has extra power supply cords ... so it probably requires a bigger power supply.

They've just been sitting around in a box for some time, but should still work.

< Message edited by davidss -- 2/28/2013 4:21:56 AM >

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 4
RE: Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC ... - 2/28/2013 2:07:27 PM   
VPaulus

That's very generous of you, davidss.

Yes, 3850 will require more power. Probably, it's the best AGP card ever made.

(in reply to davidss)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Invidia and ATI video cards, any issues running CC or PITF? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI