Problems with replacements getting out of OKH

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

Bonners

Problems with replacements getting out of OKH

Post by Bonners »

I am not sure if this is a problem or not, but thought I'd mention it to see if anybody has any suggestions.

I seem to be having a lot of troops building up in OKH that I cant seem to get out to the units that need them. I created 3 independent flak regiments as I seemed to have a lot of flak units at OKH. But I cant seem to get the flak troops to the units. I have set them all up as priority and assigned them to various army commands, yet none of the flak seems to reach them.

Then I checked on my existing flak units and they are not receiving any replacements either.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if there is a bug. My only hope at the moment is if Olivier launches an all out strike against OKH with his aircraft...I think they'll find the AA defence formidable[:D]

On the same subject I am also receiving SS staff at OKH still which I cant seem to use.

Attachments
OKHreplacements.jpg
OKHreplacements.jpg (35.94 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Vic

RE: Problems with replacements getting out of OKH

Post by Vic »

Hi Bonners,

Put this on the list to check out. Does not seem right to me.

The SS staff i'll check out as well. Thats only usefull if you can make a SS HQs, which you cant.

Could you get me a savefile? or if playing PBEM++ the downloaded.dc2 or uploaded.dc2 file?

vic@xs4all.nl

thanks for reporting this.

i'll get back to you.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

Thanks very much for coming back to us Vic. I'll send you the upload and download files tonight. It could be that I'm doing something really stupid rather than a bug, but at least I'll know either way.
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

I've emailed the files, let me know if there is any problem opening them or anything.

Thanks again for your help.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for the files bonners. Sorry for the slow response.

The flak was not send to the flak units, because the flak units are fully motorized units and you did not have any trucks available for them.

Motorized units first want to get their trucks in before they ask for the other troops, this to ensure they are actually mobile.

I think i am going to add some unmotorized unit models to the next version to give the german player some more flexibility here.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

Thanks for looking Vic. I'm quite pleased it was me being stupid. That make perfect sense as well, as one unit did fill up, but that was because I played a truck card the turn before.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Yeah well your not that stupid ;) Trucks replacements are more stretched for the axis than flak replacements, since trucks need to go everywhere (mostly as halftrack replacements to panzer divisions and motorized divisions), and this really makes it hard to create those extra flak units.

As i said i think you should have been able to create them without trucks :)

Going to work on a new small patch soon.

best,
Vic
karbo

Post by karbo »

Hi!
I have an issue with the replacements too:
I'm getting a lot of 20mm AA guns, I have 55 waiting in OKH and when I check the OOB it is shown that I dont need more, but I receive 5 or 10 each turn. The same its happening with Ju52, with a lot sitting in Kiev.
I'm missing something too with italian replacements: I get 100 or 200 staff troops every turn, they reach 8.Army but in the same turn the exact amount of troops come back to Kiev, so there are 1100 italian staff troops waiting at OKH, increasing turn by turn.[&:]
How can I fix it?
Thank you!
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

The issue with the AA guns sounds the same as I had, you need to get some more truck replacements before they will go out to the units. In my last Axis game I created several flak units and played the truck card to help find a home for them. With the JU52s, how many transport units do you have? If you only have one and there is already 200 JU52s in it, then there is nowhere for it to go. Create some more transport units and they should start flowing out, remember to attach the new units to a HQ, for the transport units I would attach them to OKH. You also might want to set your existing transport unit to disband status for a couple of turns, as they are more efficient with less units in them, as with 200 JU52s they are over stacked.

I'm not sure why your Italian units are going backwards and forwards, but the reason no more go out to 8th Army is because it is already full. You might find similar happening with minor ally engineer units. Again, if you need them, think about creating extra units to use them up. In my games I create loads of minor ally engineer units and use them to help out with guarding rear areas.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: karbo

Hi!
I have an issue with the replacements too:
I'm getting a lot of 20mm AA guns, I have 55 waiting in OKH and when I check the OOB it is shown that I dont need more, but I receive 5 or 10 each turn. The same its happening with Ju52, with a lot sitting in Kiev.
I'm missing something too with italian replacements: I get 100 or 200 staff troops every turn, they reach 8.Army but in the same turn the exact amount of troops come back to Kiev, so there are 1100 italian staff troops waiting at OKH, increasing turn by turn.[&:]
How can I fix it?
Thank you!
n

Bonners already gave excellent reply. Also make sure you run the latest version of DC (v1.05). There were some issues in earlier versions.
karbo

Post by karbo »

Thanks for the answers. Yeah my game is updated.
I checked my flak units and they only lack a few infantry troops, they are full of guns and trucks, my transport unit is full of planes too. Is there any way to get field guns and fighters instead of these AA and tranports? The only way to do something usefull is creating new AA and transport units? I need fighters and stukas for gods sake [:'(][:(]
If minor HQs are full why do they continue sending reinforcents? I didnt notice before but as you said I have also hundreds of engineers in Kiev. Benito, Antonescu, send me regular infantry!!
Thanks in advance, I will try creating more engineer and HQ units if there is no solution.

Return to “Tech Support”