CS Upgrade woes

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Marcus_Antonius

CS Upgrade woes

Post by Marcus_Antonius »

Have reached April 1943 Grand Campaign. Game has been great. Only one problem, the CS Chintose and CS Chiyoda simply refuse to upgrade tp CVLs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried moving them to different facilities disbanding them, etc. with upgrade turned on.
Bullwinkle58

RE: CS Upgrade woes

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: a_gonatas

Have reached April 1943 Grand Campaign. Game has been great. Only one problem, the CS Chintose and CS Chiyoda simply refuse to upgrade tp CVLs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried moving them to different facilities disbanding them, etc. with upgrade turned on.

Just a flimsy memory when this came up a long time ago. What is the minimum sized yard required? I recall it might be a 9 or a 10. Might be only one yard on Japanese side which can do the job. Again, from memory.
The Moose
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

There were a few upgrades that were hard coded to only be allowed in Tokyo as well weren't there? But you'd also have needed to upsize the repair shipyard as well?
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: a_gonatas

Size 50 shipyard and Tokyo ought to do the trick. [:)]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Yeah, yards come in tons. I was referring to Port size.
The Moose
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

It is a bit unfair to have to build Tokyo to size 50 (or 100 in case you want to build those 2 together) when you have already so much spare shipyard capacity in the home islands

scenario 1 should be modified by either move some shipyards from Yokosuka to Tokyo or make the conversion available in any port with the adequate shipyard/ port capacity
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

It is a bit unfair to have to build Tokyo to size 50 (or 100 in case you want to build those 2 together) when you have already so much spare shipyard capacity in the home islands

scenario 1 should be modified by either move some shipyards from Yokosuka to Tokyo or make the conversion available in any port with the adequate shipyard/ port capacity

Well, it starts at 100 anyway (in Scen 2 at least)... If it were even required, which I don't believe it is (you can do the upgrades pierside, IIRC).
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

in scenario 1 Tokyo starts with an insignificant shipyard capacity
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Sheesh, yeah. It starts at 10. Still, can't conversions/upgrades be done pierside?
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

There is a "minimum shipyard" level that need to exist in the base before it starts

that said... and thinking out loud...at least with merchants, you can change to pierside once the conversion starts.... so, maybe, I will just need to build Tokyo to 50, so CS#1 starts conversion, then I move it to pierside and CS#2 gets in...

Wondering if someone can confirm if this scenario will work...
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

acording to this thread the repair shipyard size does not matter. All conversions can be done at Tokyo as per one or more developers.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

What I understood from the threat is that the required shipyard size of other ports is irrelevant, since conversion of capital ships (BBs, CVLs) need to happen in the capital (Tokyo)

how I read it is that all the following conditions must be satisfied:
- must be Tokyo
- repair shipyard >=50
- date >= nov 42
- conversion set to "yes"

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

What I understood from the threat is that the required shipyard size of other ports is irrelevant, since conversion of capital ships (BBs, CVLs) need to happen in the capital (Tokyo)

how I read it is that all the following conditions must be satisfied:
- must be Tokyo
- repair shipyard >=50
- date >= nov 42
- conversion set to "yes"

Correct.
Pax
Marcus_Antonius

Post by Marcus_Antonius »

Thanks. I will get going on building up the Tokyo repair yard.
panzer cat

Post by panzer cat »

Also you only need the repair yard on the first turn, 2nd turn switch the ship to pierside repair.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: panzer cat

Also you only need the repair yard on the first turn, 2nd turn switch the ship to pierside repair.

I hope AE players understand what a gift this feature is to upgrade throughputs. Most of them in RL would have required full-time drydocking.
The Moose
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Correct, and if I were playing scen 2 ; I would keep em in shipyard;

for scenario 1; paying 100,000 supply to convert the CS is steep; even paying 50,000 ; I plan to build Tokyo only to repair shipyard level 50 and have one CS in pierside

Is there any other "interesting" capital ships convertions? I don't plan to build any of these horrendous carrier-BB hybrids

panzer cat

Post by panzer cat »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: panzer cat

I hope AE players understand what a gift this feature is to upgrade throughputs. Most of them in RL would have required full-time drydocking.
I'm not an expert on ship repairs, most of mine sink before they get to a repair yard.[:)] I beleive you can do this because in the rules do to it being superstructure work, but such extensive changes IRL would be done in the yards.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Yup - there was a thread recently where it was explained quite well. That disabused me of the notion that it's gamey.
panzer cat

Post by panzer cat »

Why are these ships only allowed to convert in Tokyo? It's not japans major shipyard. I spent about 15 turns trying to convert my first CS, until I asked for help.

Return to “Tech Support”