Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No Barbarossa effects in 1940 launch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> No Barbarossa effects in 1940 launch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Barbarossa effects in 1940 launch - 2/27/2013 6:08:13 AM   
Swedewolf

Hi Doom
I hope u good.
I got some questions for u.
Firstly, why cant I as Germany get the overhand in the air war against England? I kill up to 3 fighters a turn in -41 and the AI getting 2-3 new fighter a turn. GB got lvl 2 fighters but getting lvl 3. Is that AI cheat? As it is now I loosing the airwar because of this as I need to repair my air from time to time.

Second is about early Barbarossa:
Got another session where I didnt honor ribentrop-molotov pact and instead invaded est-let-lit. And launched Barbarossa last mud-rain turn in may -40. Why do I not get the shock effect? Getting up to 5 ussr armour korps against me and 3 times more troops beginning in first week in jun. Getting my supprise attack trown in my face hehe. The russkies are allready pushing me back. Even thou they got hight internal unrest when I attacked.
Are the Barbarossa effect only triggered on historic date?

Last question is about paying for prepair offencives:
Some investment like norway/denmark planning triggers and I getting the auto surrender but many other like seelöwe and Barbarossa I got no trigger on date and no bonus effect to see. Do u got a list on effects and date trigger for all these for me to read?

cheers
Post #: 1
RE: No Barbarossa effects in 1940 launch - 2/28/2013 5:13:44 AM   
Razz

The British won the war over Britain. If you keep at it, you eventually wear them down. However, it is useless unless you play for operation sea lion.

Attacking early would be a cake walk for Germany so no shock event for you.

All the event were supposed to be open and explained according to the patch data I read.

For seelöwe, you pay to increase your effectiveness in combat while in England.

For Barbarossa, it is there for flavor. Except when the AI chooses a path it will concentrate the attack in that area ie; North South Central

Norway... umm... I think that is no effect.

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 2
RE: No Barbarossa effects in 1940 launch - 2/28/2013 7:32:15 AM   
Swedewolf

Hi
thanx for your answer, Norway I know, it gives auto surrender for both Denmark and Norway. But no garrison. But you can deploy in Denmark and Oslo.
So all norwaegien cities by rail except Narvik by transports.
cheers

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 3
Better Documentation - 2/28/2013 4:20:15 PM   
Omnius

It sure would be nice if we had an easy to access and read summary of game effects and events. I don't understand why companies seem to think that they have to guard how their game works like they're military secrets of the highest order. It would be so miuch nicer if Wastelands had given us a summary of game effects like how long ships can stay at sea and be effective or how many STP's or AIP's or SMP's it costs to move various sized and typed units. So much we have to learn by trial and error that our first games tend to be frustrating because we have to learn lessons the hard way.
Omnius

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Better Documentation - 2/28/2013 5:38:36 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnius
It sure would be nice if we had an easy to access and read summary of game effects and events. I don't understand why companies seem to think that they have to guard how their game works like they're military secrets of the highest order. It would be so miuch nicer if Wastelands had given us a summary of game effects like how long ships can stay at sea and be effective or how many STP's or AIP's or SMP's it costs to move various sized and typed units. So much we have to learn by trial and error that our first games tend to be frustrating because we have to learn lessons the hard way.
Omnius

Not sure if everyone has seen this, but Razz put this 'Strategy Guide' into the forum earlier and it does contain info which adds to the manual.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978875

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 5
RE: Better Documentation - 3/2/2013 3:47:43 PM   
Omnius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa
Not sure if everyone has seen this, but Razz put this 'Strategy Guide' into the forum earlier and it does contain info which adds to the manual.

Rasputitsa,
The strategy guide is interesting but not what I was looking for to summarize things like how many turns can ships stay at sea and be effective or how many SMP's are needed to strat move certain unit types and sizes or STP's or AIP's to transport units. That's something Wastelands should provide to us, I've seen many other games include this kind of helpful and useful information in their manuals.
Omnius

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 6
RE: Better Documentation - 3/3/2013 5:16:08 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

quote:

Rasputitsa,
The strategy guide is interesting but not what I was looking for to summarize things like how many turns can ships stay at sea and be effective or how many SMP's are needed to strat move certain unit types and sizes or STP's or AIP's to transport units. That's something Wastelands should provide to us, I've seen many other games include this kind of helpful and useful information in their manuals.
Omnius

I know it's sparse, but I collect everything that I can get my hands on and a lot of the information is in the on screen pop-ups, so I run test games to see how much it costs to do functions and a lot of the game costs can be read out of the scenario 'const' files, not ideal, but it's squeezing the most out of the game.

The providers of Commander- Europe at War, Grand Strategy mod, provided a guide of over 400 pages, but we are where we are and I suppose it depends on the resources of the groups involved.

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 3/3/2013 5:25:06 PM >

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 7
RE: Better Documentation - 3/4/2013 12:56:43 AM   
Razz

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rasputitsa,
Omnius

I know it's sparse, but I collect everything that I can get my hands on and a lot of the information is in the on screen pop-ups, so I run test games to see how much it costs to do functions and a lot of the game costs can be read out of the scenario 'const' files, not ideal, but it's squeezing the most out of the game.

The providers of Commander- Europe at War, Grand Strategy mod, provided a guide of over 400 pages, but we are where we are and I suppose it depends on the resources of the groups involved.

It costs 8 PP for fighters, 10 for tactical bombers, 15 for bombers

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 8
A New Game - 3/4/2013 5:16:48 PM   
Omnius

quote:

Rasputitsa,
Yeah I found that monster game guide for CEaW. I also looked over the game and it looks like an interesting alternative to ToF. The one thing that caught my eye is that their Commander series seems to be ported for use on Macs so I'm waiting patiently for the Mac versions to become available. Still games usually had good summary tables of important feature information in them, seems like some companies like Wastelands are not being thoughtful about providing this valuable information to customers.
Omnius

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> No Barbarossa effects in 1940 launch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI