Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another 1941 Scenario Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Another 1941 Scenario Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another 1941 Scenario Problem - 2/26/2013 3:53:04 PM   
Omnius

As the Soviet player I found that in the 1941 scenario that I could not place reinforcements in Chelyabinsk even though it is a city and has a VP. In the 1945 scenario I was able to place reinforcements into Chelyabinksk. The AI could place reinforcements into Chelyabinsk in the 1941 scenario, then again the AI seems to be able to place reinforcements in any city or resource hex. I hope this gets fixed quickly.
Omnius
Post #: 1
RE: Another 1941 Scenario Problem - 2/26/2013 9:11:45 PM   
doomtrader

You menat deploy units?

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 2
Deploying Reinforcements - 2/27/2013 4:45:03 PM   
Omnius

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

You menat deploy units?

doomtrader,
Yep I meant deploying reinforcements on the map from reserve. I forgot to mention that I still held Moscow. I did lose Moscow for a turn and then Chelyabinsk became the MSS and did allow me to deploy reinforcements from reserve. I recaptured Moscow the next turn and the MSS moved back to Moscow and Chelyabinsk once again became ineligible for deploying reinforcements from reserve.

Odd that I can deploy reinforcements in the Caucasus regardless of where the MSS is located but not other cities. Looks like when Moscow is the active MSS then other cities have to have a rail line to connect them to Moscow in order to deploy reinforcements from reserve. Shouldn't VP cities always allow a player to deploy reinforcements from reserve?
Omnius

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Deploying Reinforcements - 3/2/2013 12:00:48 PM   
doomtrader

Nope, the rule is that you need to control MSS and you can deploy only to the cities connected with the MSS

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 4
Something is Broken - 3/2/2013 3:29:39 PM   
Omnius

quote:

Nope, the rule is that you need to control MSS and you can deploy only to the cities connected with the MSS

doomtrader,
Actually that's not quite correct. I found that while I could not deploy reinforcements around Voronezh when I re-established the MSS in Moscow I could deploy around Stalingrad, even though it was not connected by rail either. If the city has to be connected to the MSS via rail then something is broken. I also found that regardless of where the MSS was located I could deploy reinforcements from reserve in Baku and Tiblisi, regardless of rail connection.
Omnius

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Something is Broken - 3/3/2013 7:14:08 PM   
doomtrader

Have you got any save game?

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 6
Saved Game File - 3/4/2013 4:58:54 PM   
Omnius

quote:

Have you got any save game?

doomtrader,
I was able to take the saved game file from the thread before this one and run a few turns abandoning Moscow so that Chelyabinsk is now the MSS, please find it attached. I can deploy reinforcements to Chelyabinsk, Stalingrad, Baku and Tbilisi. I can't deploy in Sverdlovsk, Voronezh or Vologda. Why is Stalingrad "connected" while Voronezh isn't? When Moscow is the active MSS we can deploy Soviet reinforcements around Minsk even though it is not "connected" by rail to Moscow. Just seems a little screwy on where I can or can't deploy Soviet reinforcements.
Omnius

Attachment (1)

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Another 1941 Scenario Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI