1vs1 or 2vs2 with new rules

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

kombrig

1vs1 or 2vs2 with new rules

Post by kombrig »

Did a little tweaking and changed some of the settings in the latest new dawn random game file. The list of changes can be seen here: tm.asp?m=3275661

In order to see, how it turned out, would like to playtest it. It can't be really tested against the AI because the AI can't handle the new readiness rules.

So looking for opponents for 1vs1 (medium map) or 2vs2(large map) game.
ironduke1955

RE: 1vs1 or 2vs2 with new rules

Post by ironduke1955 »

Count me in
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Ok, great! Let's wait another day or two, maybe someone would like to join in.

Also what do you think, should I also tweak the MGs so that they are counted as rear area troops? In this way they should take less losses.
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

I will play if you wish.

As to MGs would you be better leaving the stats as you have set them. OR reset back to original and making them rear area?
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Great! Now we need also fourth player.
As to MGs would you be better leaving the stats as you have set them. OR reset back to original and making them rear area?

Good point. So which option we should use?
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

I want to try this mod.
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Excellent!

I suggest that I and Madlok will form team 1 and Ironduke and Lazyboy team 2.

Also if you all agree then team 1 will start. Team 2 has the right to declare war first but not before turn 3 and not later than turn 6.

If any of you are not against it then I also will:

-leave the MGs as they are currently (not rear area)

-will give the guerillas endless supply but make them really weak in combat

-will give rangers similar supply as guerillas had previously and try if I can tweak their morale, experience and combat to be higher (but they are going to be really expensive).

Please send your e-mail to kombrig12 at gmail.com so I can invite you to the dropbox folder.
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Did you get my mail?
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

I got it. I try to set up the game today.
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

I am happy with any arrangement
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Ok, sent you invitation.

Turn order
1) Kom - Sultinate
2) Mad - Kent
3) ? - Kyoto
4) ? - Peoples republic

I also made the following adjustments:

Cavalry recon points raised from 2 to 3

Artillery can't enter high mountains anymore (except if there is a road)

Rangers renamed to Special Forces
Special Forces cost 900 (rifle costs 100), but they have 100 morale, 90 experience and they are better against infantry than regular rifles. The combat values against infantry raise on next levels. Level I and II can carry 8 supply (consume 2 per turn) and level III and IV can carry 10. All levels have 50 bridge blowing points (the same as engineers). Special forces have 50 percent chance that a kill against them is turned into retreat. This is to simulate that they would try to avoid combat with superior forces.

Guerillas
They don't need supplies (if readiness is lost they automatically recover it 30 points per turn). They are poor in combat even against regular rifles. Their combat value against infantry raises on next level but even level IV does not match rifles completely. All guerillas have bridge blowing points (upper levels have more) but not so much as special forces or engineers.
Guerillas are cheap. Lower levels cost less than rifles. Guerillas have 50 percent chance that a kill against them is turned into retreat. This is to simulate that they would try to avoid combat with superior forces.
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

Sounds good to me.

Has the game started?
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

Kom could you summarise the changes into one post for easy reference, please
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

I think I can't research Guerrillas II, I don't have Guerrilla Theory.
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

I think I can't research Guerrillas II, I don't have Guerrilla Theory.

First bug discovered! I was sloppy and forgot to tweak some features in the research tree. So currently only level one guerillas and special forces are available for everybody. Only Anglosaxons can seemingly further research special forces and Arabs guerillas. I suggest that we don't use this research option in the current game (I have Arabs and Madlok has Anglosaxons).

Here's the list of changes which apply to the current game (I will post this info also in the dropbox folder):

1) Cavalry combat detail stats are now exactly like infantry. When compared to infantry the cavalry has now simply better movement rates and better recon.

2) Recon stats

Edited SFTs' recon points.
Trucks, artillery, inf guns, AT guns, horses, flak, mortar, bazooka, MG, staff, katyusha, train - all have now 0 recon points.
Guerilla and special forces - 2 recon points
Cavalry, armored car and halftrack - 3 recon points
Jeep - 5 recon points
All the rest - 1 recon points

Recon can not see behind 2 hexes.

Landscape hide points increased.

The amount of recon points needed for full information about enemy unit is increased.

If you want better picture about enemy you actually have to engage him.

3) Armor combat stats modified (decreased) when attacking in city or capitol. Armor combat stats modified (decreased) when defending in urban, suburban, forest etc tough terrain.

4) Bazooka combat stats modified (increased) when fighting in urban or capitol.

5) Research cost decreased for level III and IV (some items also level I and II).

6) Political points cost (if they are produced) reduced.

7) Raw cost reduced.

8) Oil cost (when moving and fighting) reduced.

9) Supply cost (if produced) reduced.

10) Mortar attack against infantry significantly increased.

11) Machine guns attack against infantry increased. It's now 60, while defense against infantry is 90. Also MG hit points increased frok 100 to 150 in order to increase their survival chances.

12) Machine guns I-IV, Bazookas I-IV, Mortars I-II and AT guns I-II can be paradropped. Mortar II and AT gun II can be produced even if next level is researched.

13) Every nation get level one special forces and guerillas.

Rangers are renamed to Special Forces
Special Forces cost 900 (rifle costs 100), but they have 100 morale, 90 experience and they are better against infantry than regular rifles. The combat values against infantry raise on next levels. Level I and II can carry 8 supply (consume 2 per turn) and level III and IV can carry 10. All levels have 50 bridge blowing points (the same as engineers). Special forces have 50 percent chance that a kill against them is turned into retreat. This is to simulate that they would try to avoid combat with superior forces. In order to research them one must also research the corresponding infantry level.
[NOTE: in this game because of a bug only Anglosaxons can further research special forces]

Guerillas
They don't need supplies (if readiness is lost they automatically recover it 30 points per turn). They are poor in combat even against regular rifles. Their combat value against infantry raises on next level but even level IV does not match rifles completely. All guerillas have bridge blowing points (upper levels have more) but not so much as special forces or engineers.
Guerillas are cheap. Lower levels cost less than rifles. Guerillas have 50 percent chance that a kill against them is turned into retreat. This is to simulate that they would try to avoid combat with superior forces.
[NOTE: because of a bug in this game only Arabs can further research guerillas]

14) Readiness

Readiness penalty when assigning a unit to another HQ - zero (no penalty).

Readiness penalty for strategic transfers - minus 20.

Readiness penalty when transfering SFTs between units under the same HQ - minus 80.

Readiness penalty when transfering SFTs between different HQs - minus 90.

This means that players can reinforce their frontline units directly from the front line HQ but if they do it too much, then the readiness of the reinforced units will drop critically. Of course if the sector is without major action, one may risk to reinforce frontline units heavily in this way but it will not work if you want to go offensive next turn or if you are facing enemy onslaught.

If a unit needs strong reinforcements, it is wise to pull it back and then reinforce it. After a couple of turns it is ready to return the frontline.

Also player can choose to start to form reserve units. This means that such units will have at first 20 readiness.

15) The cost of trains in raw and production points is lessened. So strategic transfers can be made more easily.

16) City production increased to 16 000, capital - 35 000.

17) Artillery can't enter high mountains anymore (except if there is a road).

18) Assault gun and tank destroyer combat values against infantry slightly decreased.
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

Thanks
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

Kom am I right in that we have the option to declare war first within the first 6 turns
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Yep.
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

I upgraded cavalry to level 2, they turned into infantry 2 :(
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Ok, I checked, it's another bug. Also some other SFTs (at least MG level II, Bazooka, Tank Destroyer, Assault Gun) have this problem: they can't be upgraded to the next level using supply. Sorry!

Return to “Opponents Wanted”