Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphics issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Graphics issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphics issue - 2/24/2013 10:43:37 PM   
tcarusil

I just installed COH on a new machine. Windows 7, 64 bit, Asus GeForce GTX 550 TI graphics card. When I start the game I get an error message: "Could not find a Direct3D device that has a Direct3D 9 level driver and supports pixel shader 1.1 or greater."

I updated the video card driver and checked dxdiag and discovered that Direct Draw Acceleration and AGP Texture Acceleration are unavailable. Direct3D Accerleration is enabled.

Any thoughts I what I may need to do. I am totally lost.

Thanks

TomC
Post #: 1
RE: Graphics issue - 2/25/2013 12:11:32 AM   
Chris Merchant

have you installed Direct X 9 on the machine yet?

(in reply to tcarusil)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphics issue - 2/25/2013 12:47:42 AM   
tcarusil

Well, when I installed COH, and again when I reinstalled, the process said it was updating Update.Net Framework and DirectX and installing XNA Framework. I recall it doing this when I installed on my old computer and everything worked fine.

Does the program required DirectX 9 or will the later version DirectX 11 work. I know my new system came with DirectX 11, but I also downloaded DirectX 9c.

I am not quite sure what to make of all this. It seems that the new graphics card, which is leaps and bounds ahead of the old one (GeForce 7300LE) ought to be able to handle COH in its sleep.

Any way, other thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

TomC

(in reply to Chris Merchant)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphics issue - 3/1/2013 4:26:58 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report. I hope we can get this sorted out. Would you mind posting your DxDiag report?

DirectX 11 should be backward compatible with DirectX 9.0c, however your system might report that DirectX 11 (or any version of DirectX) is running on the system whether or not your active video card can actually support that version of DirectX.

(in reply to tcarusil)
Post #: 4
RE: Graphics issue - 3/1/2013 5:59:19 PM   
tcarusil

Despite the negative press Microsoft sometimes gets, I spent over an hour and a half on the phone with a Microsoft tech (the card maker Asus, told me it was probably a Windows issue) who finally found that a new driver I had downloaded was the cause. (Which makes me leery of the "make sure all your drivers are up to date" adage.

This guy just would not give up. He tried all kinds of things, redownloaded other drivers had up dated, and finally hit the culprit (a recent update from NVIDIA).

So now all is well.

Thank you for following up.

TomC

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Graphics issue - 3/3/2013 5:35:00 PM   
ericbabe

Glad to hear you got everything working.

(in reply to tcarusil)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Graphics issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI