Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply at base

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supply at base Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply at base - 2/23/2013 3:45:02 PM   
Chris H

I've just noticed this and cannot find reference to it.

In the pic what does Supply (Max 400) 911/(20) tell you? I think I know but why is it happening when it isn't in other hexes.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply at base - 2/23/2013 3:54:15 PM   
koniu

400 mean that base can drain 400 supply daily from another bases.
20 mean that base i generating 20 supply daily (not from factories - free supplies)

those numbers are to represent difficulty that where in reality to supply those bases or to give some balance to game and not allow enemy to starve you to death

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply at base - 2/23/2013 4:59:52 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

400 mean that base can drain 400 supply daily from another bases.
20 mean that base i generating 20 supply daily (not from factories - free supplies)

those numbers are to represent difficulty that where in reality to supply those bases or to give some balance to game and not allow enemy to starve you to death

OK so I'm getting 20 free supply because the game thinks I'm surrounded. I'm not, the Chinese unit is. I'm baffled

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply at base - 2/23/2013 5:34:56 PM   
Herrbear

No. It means that the hex will supply 20 supplies daily to the side that owns the hex, surrounded or not.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply at base - 2/23/2013 5:44:57 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Herrbear

No. It means that the hex will supply 20 supplies daily to the side that owns the hex, surrounded or not.

Right. There are a handful of bases which do this, all or mostly all in China. It's quite useful when things look darkest.

Edit: Manual p.249: "Supplies are stockpiled at bases. Supplies are created via the production system and can
also come into the game at bases that are assigned a daily allotment."

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 2/23/2013 5:49:02 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply at base - 2/23/2013 11:27:57 PM   
czert2

well, where to find dayily comsuption of suplies by units at base (or at hex) ?

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply at base - 2/24/2013 12:06:00 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: czert2

well, where to find dayily comsuption of suplies by units at base (or at hex) ?

It's a complex algorithm. Planes, replacements, building, combat, LCUs coming and going etc. vary it daily. If you just want to see actual consumption day-to-day you need to take notes or use Tracker. I vote for Tracker. Several key bases I use the history window there to watch supply, fuel, and resources every day.

Be aware though that a base supply level can drop only due to LCUs pulling supply into themselves in their "organic" or internal supply stocks. This is a good thing most of the time. Once the base is out they can still fight on internal power, or leave the base and carry some supply with them to use between bases.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 2/24/2013 12:08:23 AM >

The Moose

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply at base - 2/24/2013 12:58:57 AM   
Icedawg

quote:

So, does this mean that if I, playing as the Japanese, capture one of these Chinese bases, I also get free supply production from the hex? It seems as though it should only go to the "native" side, not the "occupier", but if I get served up this free supply from the locals, I'm not going to complain.

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply at base - 2/24/2013 4:17:32 AM   
Capt Hornblower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

quote:

So, does this mean that if I, playing as the Japanese, capture one of these Chinese bases, I also get free supply production from the hex? It seems as though it should only go to the "native" side, not the "occupier", but if I get served up this free supply from the locals, I'm not going to complain.

Unless the intent of the developers (as stated in the manual) did not make it into the game's code, you are correct, Mr. Icedawg, in feeling that the automatic supply should go only to the side to which the nation in whose territory the base occurs belongs. See Section 15.6 of the manual. The example given (Chungking) is directly analogous to the situation under discussion. The fact that the number 20 is in parentheses shows that this additional supply is NOT available to the side (Japan) currently controlling the base.

Edit: To Chris H-- The number 911 in orange indicates that the base is low on supply. (Red would indicate a critical shortfall.) Normally, the number beneath it would tell what the base actually needs to function (ahem) normally, but the + beside the number shows that you have requested the base to amass additional supplies (which may be problematic since Paoshan can only draw a maximum of 400 supply a turn from other sources).

< Message edited by Capt Hornblower -- 2/24/2013 4:25:56 AM >

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply at base - 2/24/2013 4:31:39 AM   
jmalter

Icedawg, this "/(20)" supply is added to the base every turn, regardless of who owns it. It can't be increased or destroyed. It's set in the scenario editor & is additional to any supply created by industry in the hex. You might look around at your bases, I'll bet that you've got some few that provide this kind of supply, such as Truk.

In the DBB_B scen#26 I've been playing, all the Allied off-map bases except Port Stanley are 'producing' various amounts of daily supply & fuel in this way, Abadan is also getting some daily oil.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 10
RE: Supply at base - 2/24/2013 6:31:47 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

Icedawg, this "/(20)" supply is added to the base every turn, regardless of who owns it. It can't be increased or destroyed. It's set in the scenario editor & is additional to any supply created by industry in the hex. You might look around at your bases, I'll bet that you've got some few that provide this kind of supply, such as Truk.

In the DBB_B scen#26 I've been playing, all the Allied off-map bases except Port Stanley are 'producing' various amounts of daily supply & fuel in this way, Abadan is also getting some daily oil.

Section 15.6 of the manual is quite clear. The amount after the dash is produced only for the original, designated owner of the base. It ceases upon an ownership change, and resumes production when the original owner returns to ownership.

Alfred

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 11
RE: Supply at base - 2/24/2013 8:06:18 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Hornblower

Unless the intent of the developers (as stated in the manual) did not make it into the game's code, you are correct, Mr. Icedawg, in feeling that the automatic supply should go only to the side to which the nation in whose territory the base occurs belongs. See Section 15.6 of the manual. The example given (Chungking) is directly analogous to the situation under discussion. The fact that the number 20 is in parentheses shows that this additional supply is NOT available to the side (Japan) currently controlling the base.

Thats's the information I needed thanks.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Hornblower

Edit: To Chris H-- The number 911 in orange indicates that the base is low on supply. (Red would indicate a critical shortfall.) Normally, the number beneath it would tell what the base actually needs to function (ahem) normally, but the + beside the number shows that you have requested the base to amass additional supplies (which may be problematic since Paoshan can only draw a maximum of 400 supply a turn from other sources).

Thanks, I knew that but but had missed the red (20) in the manual and bar reading it from cover to cover was unable to find it.

(in reply to Capt Hornblower)
Post #: 12
RE: Supply at base - 2/24/2013 10:05:21 AM   
jmalter

thanks for correcting me, Alfred.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supply at base Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI