Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why is Cherbourg not a port?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Why is Cherbourg not a port? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why is Cherbourg not a port? - 2/23/2013 1:56:07 PM   
Mark Clark

I suppose it nets out OK in the end by making Caen a port but it's strange that one of the most important channel ports, and one of the most important in the war, is not a port on the big map. Though it is on the little map used for the Overloard scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: Why is Cherbourg not a port? - 2/23/2013 2:08:01 PM   
doomtrader

We have found that the Allies will have to great advantage after the invasion if this location will become a port.

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 2
RE: Why is Cherbourg not a port? - 2/23/2013 2:35:26 PM   
gwgardner

also encourages use of the mulberry, to reflect the three week period when cherbourg was unusable.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Why is Cherbourg not a port? - 2/23/2013 4:18:34 PM   
Rasputitsa

Hoping to mod GD to move Caen inland and make Cherbourg a port, put Channel Islands under German control, also increase the life of Mulberry harbours (wish the editor was easier to use), the allies should not have a great advantage, especially when playing against the AI.

Haven't got round to it yet, deeply into my present game and waiting for official 1.04, Doomtrader when might it be ready.

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 4
RE: Why is Cherbourg not a port? - 2/27/2013 1:16:42 AM   
JLPOWELL

It was a critical port it was and was fortified and defended. Rather than take one of the major ports 'off the map' I recommend you handle it differently. As it was a very significant port it should be included. To handle play balance as well as historical accuracy issues perhaps fortification (and a garrison for the AI) is a more appropriate way to handle it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

We have found that the Allies will have too great an advantage after the invasion if this location is a port. (Quote edited for clarity)

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Why is Cherbourg not a port? - 2/27/2013 5:01:19 AM   
Razz

This would have to take some testing. The AI would have to be fortified to the max. Then it would have to be a fixed Corps with General.

Plus there is another trick I could implement to make it very difficult.

You should check out the Third Reich as you have to conquer Norway and the AI counter attacks.

As Allies the German AI attacks and does well. It takes allot of time to develop things like this, especially without other testers.

You have to get the right combination down and parameters settings.

Some day I will look at this and perhaps add it to the Third Reich.

It took awhile to implement Operation Betasome.

(in reply to JLPOWELL)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Why is Cherbourg not a port? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI