Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any chance to have WTP upgraded to CB engine ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Any chance to have WTP upgraded to CB engine ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any chance to have WTP upgraded to CB engine ? - 2/23/2013 9:40:50 AM   
PDiFolco

I've bought recently the DC bundle, I should have done it sooner, as I enjoyed AT some time ago...Very good games !
But it seems like each game is "stuck" with its own engine version, so you don't have for example sea transports in WTP, interface is a bit different, etc...
As I suppose -and hope- the team will create more games in the series, it will be more and more useful to have them share the same updated engine, instead of having increasingly obsolescent games.
That's what kept the Panzer Campaigns series alive, BattleFront does this with their CM2-WW2 engine, here Ageod also does for their Roman games.
Is that planned anytime for DC ?
Post #: 1
RE: Any chance to have WTP upgraded to CB engine ? - 2/23/2013 6:36:26 PM   
Vic

Hi,

Happy you like the games.

Actually there has been a significant upgrade to DC1 after the release of DC2 (dc1 v1.5) and quite recentely another port-upgrade has been made (1.51), but a big difference with some other series is that each DC game is basically a handcrafted game and not each new feature for scenario rules or ideas can be ported easily as it would require making signicant redesign to the actual older scenarios to make them work. For example porting transports to the DC1 sea lion scenario would basically involve me having to redesign that whole scenario from scratch, including doing new historical research for the naval units.

That being said I port what can be ported. So for example some (big) interface improvements have been ported to DC1 already.

And actually I consider the scenarios being designed differently in DC1 a nice change of pace for the DC2 player.

Best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 2
RE: Any chance to have WTP upgraded to CB engine ? - 2/23/2013 10:39:22 PM   
PDiFolco

Thanks Vic for the explanation
Yet wouldn't it be simpler for everyone in the long run to just port older scens, "as is" (w/o redesign) to the latest version ?
I'm sure some players would be happy to do the rest of the work for you !

BTW, any DC3 underway ?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Any chance to have WTP upgraded to CB engine ? - 2/28/2013 3:40:48 PM   
Alchenar

Is there any chance of putting multiple command PBEM back into DC:CB? I'm playing through the Warsaw to Paris scenarios (well, the two of them) with a group of people and we're quite disappointed that we can't continue on into CB. Was there a technical reason for not giving the option to have multiple players on each side or was it just that there wasn't enough interest to bother?

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Any chance to have WTP upgraded to CB engine ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI