Weird graphic problem

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

prototek

Weird graphic problem

Post by prototek »

Just got back into this game after 3 or so years. Installed the game with the latest patch etc....

The only problem is that I get what I can only describe as "lingering black boxes" on the screen. You know when you drag your mouse over a base and it shows a black box with air group info etc? Then when you move your mouse again the box is supposed to disappear. Well when I drag my mouse away, the box doesn't immediately disappear like it's supposed to. Instead it lingers as a plain black box for 3-10 seconds. It doesn't show the info anymore either, it's just a black box. It's really annoying, especially if I get a bunch of them, gets in the way of everything.

Any help on this matter is appreciated thank you.
wdolson

RE: Weird graphic problem

Post by wdolson »

Do you have a multiprocessor computer? There are several problems that can crop up with multiprocessors and DirectX. There are some command line switches that force the game to run on only one processor and it fixes most of the delay problems.

Another possibility is the video memory got corrupted. If you close the game and restart, this usually goes away. If it doesn't go away restarting the game, it goes away if you reboot the computer.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
prototek

Post by prototek »

Yea I use an Intel Core i7-3610QM processor. What are some of the command lines I can use? I assume this means I go into the shortcut line with right click > properties, put a space then a dash at the end of the command line, then enter a command
prototek

Post by prototek »

Anyone out there? Wouldn't mind playing this a bit tonight lol
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: prototek

Anyone out there? Wouldn't mind playing this a bit tonight lol

This is mine for a Core i7 and a wide screen monitor:

-altFont -multiaudio -archive -dd_sw -cpu4 -fd -px1680 -py1050
The Moose
prototek

Post by prototek »

thanks alot for helping me here
-px1680 -py1050
So is this is the resolution? Cause this works great but the resolution is so high I almost need a magnifying glass heh

Edit: Yes I see thats the res setting. I just deleted that and it still solved my problem. Again thanks alot :)

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: prototek

thanks alot for helping me here
-px1680 -py1050
So is this is the resolution? Cause this works great but the resolution is so high I almost need a magnifying glass heh

Edit: Yes I see thats the res setting. I just deleted that and it still solved my problem. Again thanks alot :)

You can put other rez numbers in there and get different resolutions. The standard video card x,y numbers all work as long as your card and monitor support them.
The Moose

Return to “Tech Support”