Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems with amphibious

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problems with amphibious Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 12:47:50 PM   
teseo tesei

Sorry for not having with me all info, since I'm in office
I'm playing scenario 1 as allies vs AI
It's 12th december 1941
I'm trying to send a small detachment (Heron Det.) to Ndeni island (near Solomon Islands - 120,143) with amphibious TF (xAP President Coolidge), but I've a warning that TF is not able to disembark everything.
Are there any limitation with small island?
are there any reason?
Many thanks for your help
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 12:56:16 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Ciao Kamerad,

screenshot about the warning? Never had this one; it's on amphibious, the unit in combat mode, any supplies
onboard to (not that it would matter)? What version, patch?

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to teseo tesei)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 1:02:50 PM   
Sardaukar

xAP is civilian liner and thus lacks loading/unloading equipment. If island has very small port (under 2..and even size 2 it can lake long time to get unloaded), ship is not able to unload some heavy equipment. Mainly these are radars, engineering vehicles, motorized support, observation corps stuff etc.

You'd need to bring in unit with Naval Support Squads to help unloading (or enlarge the port with engineers).

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 3
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 1:16:04 PM   
teseo tesei

Many thanks for very fast answers.
I think the problems is as Sardaukar highlighted. I'll check better when home, but could be (Ndeni is very small and without BF or eng till now)
at this point another question
I have Heron Det. on the island not fully functional but there is
if I bring to another port the portion of the unit what will happen?
I'll have 2 unit for Heron Det.?

Hi Oberts, I can send you the right message this evening. it is in combat mode and with a minimum amount of supplies (I've rescued the unit from a small atoll nearby). As for the version I can send you later on today

Many thanks to both
Paolo

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 1:37:21 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

xAP is civilian liner and thus lacks loading/unloading equipment. If island has very small port (under 2..and even size 2 it can lake long time to get unloaded), ship is not able to unload some heavy equipment. Mainly these are radars, engineering vehicles, motorized support, observation corps stuff etc.

You'd need to bring in unit with Naval Support Squads to help unloading (or enlarge the port with engineers).

The auXiliary AP don't land them even in amphibious mode? Not that I noticed, but worth checking out. That could explain some 'weird' stuff I myself experienced.

Klink, Oberst

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 1:42:42 PM   
dr.hal

The Horn Island unit is attached to a "R" restricted command and thus will not be able to be moved by ship. You can airlift it to another Australia Command (that's the command it starts with and you will notice the "R" after it) if you want, but the observer corps unit in it is to "heavy" to be air lifted and thus it will split off. OR you can use political points to change it's command (you will notice it is in yellow and thus it can be changed) to an unrestricted command and thus be able to move it by ship to any other location. It has nothing to do with the size of the port. The port size would only impact the speed at which it loads or unloads. Hal

Post #: 6
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 1:44:26 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

The auXiliary AP don't land them even in amphibious mode? Not that I noticed, but worth checking out. That could explain some 'weird' stuff I myself experienced.

Klink, Oberst

xAK/xAP= civilian ship pressed to military service. They do not have loading/unloading equipment like AK/AP or integral landing crafts like AKA/APA.

It doesn't help much either way if ship is not capable or port not large enough for these ships. Only Japanese can do good amphibious landings with them during first 4 months due to Japanese landing bonus.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 7
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 2:24:17 PM   
teseo tesei

I used political points to attach it to another HQ, so I was able to embark on a TF
the problem is that I can't desembark it all
Many thanks

Paolo

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 8
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 2:35:48 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

Klink, Oberst

xAK/xAP= civilian ship pressed to military service. They do not have loading/unloading equipment like AK/AP or integral landing crafts like AKA/APA.

It doesn't help much either way if ship is not capable or port not large enough for these ships. Only Japanese can do good amphibious landings with them during first 4 months due to Japanese landing bonus.

That explains the 'weird' refusal to land certain units in the past; thanks Kamerad Mannerheim!

Klink, Oberst

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 9
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 2:55:14 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: teseo tesei

I used political points to attach it to another HQ, so I was able to embark on a TF
the problem is that I can't desembark it all
Many thanks

Paolo

This is not a bug. Sardauker has already given the correct answer.

In fact there is no problem here at all. What you are experiencing is a failure to understand logistics. You need to go back and read pages 109 -128 of the manual because the importance of understanding logistics becomes greater as the war proceeds.

Alfred

Post #: 10
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/22/2013 5:01:07 PM   
teseo tesei

Many thanks for all of you for your comments
fortunately i've made a mistake at day number 5, so I'll have time to read again carefully the manual and other threads on the forum
again many thanks for your support and help

Paolo

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 11
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/24/2013 5:06:49 PM   
General Patton

Had similar problem several games ago. turned out Naval suport was needed to unload larger items. Cheers

Post #: 12
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/24/2013 8:45:34 PM   
teseo tesei

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Had similar problem several games ago. turned out Naval suport was needed to unload larger items. Cheers

Many thanks for your help. much appreciated. everyday there is something new to discover
Paolo

(in reply to General Patton)
Post #: 13
RE: Problems with amphibious - 2/25/2013 1:22:52 AM   
JeffK

As teseo was able to load the unit (a bit surprised but....) he would expect to be able to land them.

I would assume that the infantry squads would unload but the 18pdrs would stay on board.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Post #: 14
RE: Problems with amphibious - 3/11/2013 2:33:15 AM   
rms1pa

quote:

18pdrs would stay on board.

also some devices(radars,sound detectors) and large squads (observers,motorized anything). these need a level 1 or 2 port plus naval support.

i love those NZ engineer companies. just engineers plus support. land anywhere off of anything.

rms/pa

there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problems with amphibious Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI