Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

close combat error "invalid call"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> close combat error "invalid call" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
close combat error "invalid call" - 2/22/2013 9:45:53 AM   
STIENER

i just bought PITF. did the digital DL and put the new patch in and tried the game on the Avranches battle.
when i go to look at a map in BG screen i get "invalid call" error and PITF drops out to desk top when you click OK on the error message. it also does the same when you go straight from the BG screen to load the battle. as soon as it reachs the loading of copying map files, the same error appears etc.

i have not tried all the battles but the game does load and plays fine on two battles...La Forge and La Bazoge. altho on these two battles i cannot look at the map from the BG screen. it crashes with the same error. but most other battles i get the same as above.

i have uninstalled the game from the PC and re installed it using the EXE down loaded digital file that i have on my desk top. i have tried the game with and without the new patch. no joy.

i have a Touch Pentium 4 with 2.40 GHZ CPU with 1 GB of ram and an ATI Radeon 9000 video card. direct X 9C is installed and working. running XP.

any ideas gentlemen?
Post #: 1
RE: close combat error "invalid call" - 2/22/2013 4:03:20 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Hmm - that video card is well below min spec, it's from around 2002 IIRC, so it could be that you don't have enough RAM on it to play the game. You could see if, in your BIOS settings, you can up the AGP memory that is available (I think they had AGP support ).

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 2
RE: close combat error "invalid call" - 2/22/2013 7:15:17 PM   
Steve McClaire

I suspect your video card / driver doesn't support some DirectX feature that the game is trying to use.   Can you try disabling the display of the mini-map and see if that lets you go into battle? If that works it would help give a clue as to why.

I would also suggest updating to the latest video driver for your card, if you haven't already.

Steve

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: close combat error "invalid call" - 2/22/2013 11:09:09 PM   
Stwa

This probably will not help.

But I use a Radeon 9600 with 128 MB RAM (same family) of card.

However, the latest CC game I use is CCMT. Seems to work fine for it, as well as all other CC games before it, like CC5 and CC4.

"Specs" for PitF ->

Video: 256MB Video RAM (512MB recommended.) DirectX 9 compatible and capable of 1024 x 768 resolution or higher.

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 4
RE: close combat error "invalid call" - 2/23/2013 9:05:23 AM   
STIENER

thanks for the replys i couldnt find how much video card memory i had last nite when i posted. i thought i had 256 MB's. i looked into it a bit more and i think your right pip, my card is 128 MB...below min spec for the game also i tried what you suggested steve, i disabled the mini map, and i still could not load most battles and maps but now the error message that comes up is " out of video card memory " so thats what it is. ill have to buy a bigger vid card before i can carry on with the game

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> close combat error "invalid call" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI